Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Feb. 2-13, 2015

Mon.-Micah came to spend the day with me since Helen and family are in Pa. He's been building with dominoes and scrabble pieces. Unique building designs and Phil is talking to him about being an engineer. He helped me make soft pretzel hot dogs. So good. He watched 'Over the Hedge'. Naomi called and we caught up a little bit and talked some more about shore time coming up. Susan cleaned at Happy Valley and then went to basketball practice. It's over 50 here and sunny.

Tues.-Playing catch up and realizing anew that I could get rid of half my stuff and not miss it. Cleaned out the cupboard in the corner of our bedroom. Went out to town and bought some organizing things and then met Phil at Susan's game. We were all there. Last home game. They won 72-27. Have won all 12 games so far. I think they have two more to play and then the tournament. I believe they will be undefeated.  Phil went with Steve R. to a 'No Till' Conference in Harrisonburg. Susan cleaned the windows in the new house at Happy Valley earlier in the day.

Wed.-Busy day cleaning the fridge and organizing the kitchen counter top. Time with Susan. Went out to town and dropped some DVD's off at Ginger's and then went to Sweet Frog to meet Judy and Sammy Jo. Then to church for a Women's Ministry meeting and then to Dianna's class-Bait of Satan. So good.

Thurs.-Pastor Rob-Poppie's 50th birthday. Went out to town with Alli to see Dr. T. He is so good with Nathan. Met a little guy in there whose birthday is the same day as Nathan's. They are exactly the same age-born just a few hours apart. That little guy, Sam, was eating French fries. Then we went to Carousels where I found a Vera Bradley large purse for $15. Looks brand new. I love the design. Alli found Nathan shoes since he's outgrown his Converse. Then to the dry cleaners and then to Wally World. Drove through Wendy's and then went to Lawyers to sing Happy Birthday to 'Poppie'. I love how Nathan went right to him with a smile and was perfectly content being carried around by him. He fell asleep on the way home. Alli helped me unload groceries. I put them away and Phil came home. Heading over to Happy Valley soon to see Tom and Kathy. Susan went to basketball practice and then to the gym.

Fri.-Busy day cleaning the house, visiting Tom and Kathy over at Happy Valley, making pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing, seeing Nathan, etc. I should have written this on this day instead of Sat. because I forget what happened already.

Sat.-Happy Birthday Dear Lindsay!  Went to Chai Time with Kathy Lucas. So good. Becky Qualls shared and her friend, Janice, gave her testimony. 40-45 women there, I think. Did a little shopping in town and then went back home. A raccoon has been getting the Lucas's expensive fish in CA. Kathy is working on an idea to prevent this. Made a bear/venison strip broccoli rice dish. Also, friend up some dessert wantons. Cream cheese with cherry pie filling and chocolate chips, apple pie filling, cream cheese and frozen blueberry's, peanut butter and grape jelly, etc. Fried them then dipped them in 10x sugar. Michael and Philip had Buck night last night with 8 other guys. Michael gave an evangelism power point and will finish it next time. Philip worked on his house most of the day. Michael studied and took tests. Susan cleaned her room and went to the gym. A friend is coming to visit tonight.

Sun.-During communion today, as I held my empty cup and the worship team sang "Great God..." I pictured Jesus down from the cross, laying limp and dead in my arms, and I sang, "Great God...Great God" to my God who was dead. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for His greatness even in death and especially because of His death and all that it means and in His living again and all that that means even though I have no idea what all it means I am so thankful. Sermon was on marriage and it was good and it was helpful. Went out to Charlie's afterwards with our family, Tom and Kathy Lucas, Roger, Brenda, Candi, Steve, Dianna, PBill, Lexi, Savannah, and friend Hannah. Sat and talked with Tom and Kathy for awhile after everyone left. Came home and slept and then went to business meeting. Freeman was voted in as elder on the board. I asked Alli where Nathan was and she signed someone's name to me and it was the first I knew she knew sign language. This could be very convenient.

No comments: