Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Friend With Benefits

Pastor Bill spoke about Great Marriages on Sunday.
He also explained what 'A friend with benefits' means in our world today.

This year, I am hoping to memorize a familiar Psalm each month.
In January, I focused on Psalm 27.
In February, I am focusing on Psalm 103.
As I reread it this morning, I thought about my friend with benefits.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus.
A Friend with Benefits.
Unforgettable Ones.

He forgives all my sins and
Heals all my diseases.

He redeems my life from destruction and
Crowns me with lovingkindness and tender mercies.

He satisfies my mouth with good things
so that my youth is renewed like the eagles.

He is righteous, merciful, and just.
He reveals His ways and His actions.

He is slow to anger and abounds in mercy.
He bestows His High Heavenly Mercy on me
instead of punishing me as my sins deserve.

He not only forgives my sins
but He removes my sins far away from me
and never brings them up to shame me
because He has forgotten them.

He pities me because He knows I came from dust.
He shows me compassionate mercy.

Bless the LORD, O my soul
And forget not all His benefits.

Bless the LORD, O my benefitted soul.

No comments: