Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Mar. 2-8, 2015

Mon.-Stopped at Waffle House and had a cheesesteak omelet and hashbrowns with sausage gravy. Phil took us to Sanibel island and we walked along the beach and gathered shells. (We got a ticket for parking illegally even though we didn't park right where the no parking sign stood.) It was a lovely time. We stopped for an ice tea and left the island after relaxing there several hours. We drove into Sarasota and then out again. Stopped at a Chik-fillet and drove north all afternnoon. There is a winter storm warning for Pamplin Va. until tomorrow afternoon. It's 85 here. Slightly sunburned.

Tues.-Spent last night at Country Inn and Suites near the southern border of Georgia. Phil got us a king size bed with a Jacuzzi in the room. Continental breakfast. Headed north. Listed to 8 Andy Andrew's CD's on the Traveler's Gifts. Got home around 6. Did some wash and put things away.

Wed.-Happy 18th birthday to Susan! Made a peanut butter pie for her cake and chilled it. Went with Alli out to Appomattox. On our trip, my tooth crown came loose and I almost swallowed it. Thankfully, I did not, and Dr. Harvey put it back on during his lunch break. My dentist is also the mayor of Appomattox. Alli found something for Nathan to wear at the wedding.  Came home and vacuumed and washed floors and made 5 pizzas. Michael made the dough, browned the sausage and bacon earlier in the day. We had a wonderful family night, celebrating Susan, and sharing with her our love, appreciations, blessing, and our 18 year old memories. It was a significant happy night.

Thurs.-Happy Birthday Judy O.! It's been a weathery kind of day. First rain, then freezing rain, snow, then freezing rain, then snow again. Phil, Alli, Michael-all out in it and had to travel carefully. Philip is still out. It took Michael 1 1/2 hours to come home from Liberty. Usually takes 45. Alli took N to doctor for his check up. Had to travel slowly in back roads. Pa. is getting hit with snow. Both dogs are in the house. Susan and I watched two movies. 'First Wives Club' and 'How to lose a guy in 10 days.' Didn't get much done today. Just chillaxing. Lindsay and I were messaging writing news. Great fun and exciting. I said something about a 'real writer' and she said, "You are a real writer. You're in the Bible!" Something like that. (Mom's Devo. Bible)

Fri.-Clothes are too tight. I shouldn't be eating a bag of malted milk easter eggs. Finally found something somewhat comfortable to wear to a wedding tomorrow. Got some other things ready. Tidied the house. Cleaned up a corner in our bedroom and got rid of a big bag of trash. Sun melted snow on the lane and off the roof. Puddles everywhere. Wore flipflops outside to do chores. Made a big quiche for a quick breakfast for tomorrow. Entered Chicken Soup for the Soul writing contest yesterday and submitted a Christmas Cookie Story. Guys have Buck Night tonight. Celebrating. Eating pizza. Susan got out to the gym and feels better. Hasn't been feeling great since Wed.  Planes are flying low and Davi is barking at them. Nathan is running a lowgrade temp.  Only symptom. He giggled when he heard my voice on the phone.

Sat/Sun-Trip up to Pa to attend my nephew, Jordan's wedding. He married lovely Dianah whom we all love.Stopped in at Naomi's around noon on Sat. and she gave us lunch and we used her showers/bedrooms to change for the wedding. Wedding was at Petra and there were so many special moments. I especially liked watching Jordan's face as he watched her come down the aisle and he went to meet her. Her father passed away some time ago. Jonathan and David were ring bearers and they were dressed in suits and wore sunglasses and carried a box with the ring. I think the music went along with their Blues Brother/secret service appearance. Susan and I went to Shady maple to buy fruits and veggies in between the wedding and the reception. The reception was so much fun. Good food. Good company. Great dancing by nephew Brads. I got to hold great niece Lydia and because she was in my arms, I also got to dance. Visited with old friends, Leila L and Ilsa M. Got to Joe and Karen's after 10 I think. Clocks moved forward.

Sun.-Woke up early. Visited with Karen. Susan and Michael over at their cousins for overnight. Philip at Joe and Karen's. Nice breakfast of Karens homemade yogurt and zucchini bread and coffee. Mom and Dad stopped in on their way to church. Michael prayed for Dad and it was a very special time. Freeman came and visited for a little and then Michael and Susan went home with him. Philip went to Rockville Menn. Church to visit some friends and headed home after 3. Phil and I took our time. Visited with Taylor and Logan a little before heading home. Sometimes I feel like I could move back and not skip a beat. I really miss my sister in laws and my mother in law. I wish I could watch David and Jonathan grow up and be there for Karen and Anne as they raise their young boys. I would like to hold Lydia more. So, on the way home I cried, because I miss Karen, Anne, Debra, Linda, and Mom. And Lydia. And all my nieces and nephews and my brother in laws and Phil's dad. And my family, too. And Naomi. And now I'm crying again.

No comments: