Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hertzler Doings!May 11-17, 2015

Mon.-Siding is going up around the house. Wood siding which will be painted white and then a green tin roof. It is so noisy and things are falling out of medicine cabinets and off walls. Sent off most of grad invitations and announcements. Went out to Farmville for a hair cut, Susan to softball, me to Cato and Tractor Supply, and then we met up at Judy's. Wild storm in the night. We needed that rain.

Tues./Wed.-Have been sleeping for most of these days due to dental surgery, dental drugs, and pain meds. Susan has been taking care of me plus getting things done over at HV because Tom and Kathy are coming. Michael is enjoying his camp out week. I keep in touch through face book.falle

Thurs.-Day of rest for me. Susan worked hard. We're trying to get pictures downloaded for homeschool grad. Michael stopped in this morning and he helped for awhile. Susan went out to homeschool ball and I hit the sack early. Phil finished up house in Appomattox and planted corn. Our new bathroom vanity came today. I cleaned up the medicine cabinet and organized it after all the stuff had fallen out.

Fri.-Alli and Nathan came for a visit this morning. He's been taking a few steps-but only Freeman and Lisa have seen him. He has the most beautiful smile. It's a kind smile. So precious. Alli helped mulch the front garden. Davi is intent on messing it up. I think she must have buried something. Phil shot a turkey this morning. Tommy and Philip are putting siding up around the house. I went over to HV to see if Tom and Kathy were there but they weren't. PB and H were there fishing. I did some wash, tidied my desk, made a big batch of rice, beans, meat and also two quiches. Steve came over in eve to discuss African work with Phil. Susan went out to the movies with friends and Philip and Michael went grocery shopping and got some food for a cook out over at O'Briens. Michael came over early this morning and downloaded Susan's grad pics on Phil's hard drive and she dropped it off at the museum for Karissa. Mom and Dad called and they'll be coming down next weekend with Joyce and Charlie. Time to plug in my computer.

Sat.-Got up early this morning and heard the birds awaken the dawn. Went to The Herbal Faire with Alli, Freeman, and Nathan at the Lavendar Farms in Evergreen. I got Nathan out of the car and greeted him enthusiastically. A short time later Alli and Freeman were both noticing a sudden rash that had appeared on Nathan's face. I looked at it and said, "Oh, that's just my lipstick."  Bought 5 lavender plants, 1 celery plant, 1 chocolate mint tea, 1 stevia plant, and 1 parsley. Got them all planted, too. Visited Tom and Kathy over at HV and then they stopped over to pay Susan for work and mulch. Tidied the house, made a big batch of potato/egg salad, and went to bed early. Michael is still over at our other property. Philip worked on his house, I think, and then went to softball. Phil's been working on the farm and at two different job sites. Susan went out to the gym, got pictures developed, got groceries, made brownies, and mowed the whole property. She's going to bed early too. I finally moved the flowers out from under the tree because Davi kept laying on them but I think my scolding took hold this time and she's not going under there anymore. She does need some shade, black and pregnant as she is. At least we think she is. Pregnant, that is. She's definitely black. My teeth on the other side are hurting so badly. I am hitting them  and I think the nerves are inflamed. Took a pain med and think that will take care of it while I sleep it off. Oh, my oldest brother Abie called today. Left a belated birthday message. It was so sweet. Almost made me cry. He was in Alaska without cell service on my birthday but now he's where he has cell service and he called and told me he loved me. He called Phil's cell too to make sure he reached me. Sounds like Michael is home from his week away.

Sun.-Great service this morning at New Life. Challenging message by Pastor Lowell Qualls and ordination service of Pastor Bill, Chris, and Kelly. Kathy Lucas came with us and then she and Tom came over for a lunch of trout, potato salad, lettuce from our garden, and homemade applesauce. She brought dessert-dipping chocolate, bananas, and kettle corn. Delicious. Took a nap in the afternoon. Philip had ball practice. Susan went out to Wilke's Lake to have fun with the graduates-to-be. Oh, Nathan was watching Josie B. sign during worship this morning and he was intrigued and was signing too.

No comments: