Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hertzler Doings~May 4-10, 2015

Mon.-Michael and I took Susan to get her wisdom teeth out. She was so funny afterwards and we have over an hour of recording to prove it. Pain set it and drugs help. Sleeping it off.

Tues.-Susan recovering. Michael finishing up school this week. Wisdom teeth extraction is no fun. Homeschool grad meeting in eve. Feeling overwhelmed with all that needs to be done but sure am enjoying getting to know this group of women.

Wed.-So hot. Busy day. Nathan here for awhile. He wants everyone he loves to be under the same roof. He wants his mommy to stay here and he doesn't want to leave. I think he liked our job of chasing the crows away every half hour by riding around the field in the gator. Bees came this morning and I picked them up at the Post Office. Freeman came from work to set them up. Susan resting and uncomfortable. We started addressing envelopes for invitations/announcements today. Phil took Susan fishing in the eve. It's a big jump from what she's been able to do but I am sure if feels good to get out of the house. Did some gardening, housekeeping, food prep, and grad calls.

Thurs.-Susan had such a bad night that we ended up going back to the dentist 1hr. 20 min. away. They treated her for a dry socket on one side and muscle strain on the other. We loaded up on Artic Zero at Kroger and came home. Then I went out to Appomattox Drug Store to get her two prescriptions filled. They are so kind and were asking about her. "Poor thing," they said. I love this small town friendliness where the pharmacist asks about your daughter. I ran to Walmart and got things to have for a quick Mother's Day lunch on Sunday. After putting things away, I went to Dr. Forand-chiropractor. I haven't been to see her since before the shore. We watched a movie I redboxed when I got back-'Night at the Museum' #3. It was entertaining. Hope to hit the sack before 9:30 tonight and get a good night sleep.

Fri.-Busy day working around the house. Susan is much better. She went fishing. Phil and I went out to Liberty to see the passing of the stick ceremony at the airport. I met a wonderful new friend, the wife of one of Michael's instructors. Her name is Sheila and we have so much in common. It was a really nice time. Each student chose an instructor to honor in the passing of the stick. We went to Lowe's afterwards. Came home and Susan was making cookies and Michael was making egg rolls. Phil's planting corn this eve. Buck Night is here tonight. The guys helped Philip move his pool table over to his house. The food is for the guys. And us. It's so hot in here. Tommy and Philip tore off the siding at one end of our house and will be putting up new siding. The house will be insulated better for heat and coolness and will look nicer.

Sat.-Michael graduated from the Aeronautic Program at Liberty today! It was a wonderful service with Mr. Rodgers giving his 7 points for success in life which we all appreciated. I'll write that in later. Lydia Bass, Chace, and Jordan went with us and our whole family was there. We made quite a racket when his name was called. Lydia came back here afterwards and she and Michael visited and made some lotion. She gave him a pen set and paper. Later, in the eve., Chace and Jordan came back and they went cat fishing over at the pond in the dark with a fire. Michael caught a big one. It was a great day.

Sun.-My 57th birthday and Mother's Day. Church was great and we had lunch here as a family. Hard rolls, turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, mac. salad, cole slaw, potato salad, chips, cake and root beer/orange soda with vanilla ice cream. We played Tenzi and watched Richer or Poorer. Nathan was so precious. Michael went to the river in the late afternoon and Philip and Susan went fishing. David and Rosalee called. David left a message. I missed his call to my cell phone. It was precious to me. I got to talk with Rosalee. I caught up on the nearly 170 messages on face book. I like to write back on each one. It was a really good day.

No comments: