Monday, May 18, 2015

Hertzler Doings~May 18-24, 2015

Mon.-Today is hot! Turned on the AC for the first time but it's not working right. We're waiting for the AC guy to come. I built up on of the beds with Philip's old chicken manure and black potash and planted some zucchini seeds. The butter and coconut oil is melted. Susan and I went over to HV to see the new furniture that was delivered. Did some wash. Got all of my winter stuff out of the bedroom. Why has it taken so long? Made a cobbler to put in the freezer so we could have it when Mom and Dad come down. I can't even think straight. Have I mentioned how hot it is? Michael is home and working on his finances and future plans. Susan went to the gym, did some jobs around here, and went out to softball to be with her friends. Philip and Tommy worked on the siding and Philip went and worked on his house after work. He and Michael are going catfishing tonight with some friends. Maybe it will storm soon and cool things off.

Tues.-Another hot day without AC. Guys are working on outside of double wide. Susan went to the gym, mowed HV, visited with Tom and Kathy, got gifts from them and Mickey and Mitch who stopped in, and packed for KY. I went over to play with Nathan in their cooler house this morning and he didn't want me to leave. He's been doing that at her parents too. He doesn't want to leave them. He'd be perfectly happy if all of the people he loves were in the same room. Maybe that will happen at his birthday party. I washed all of the glass dishes and things on the shelves in the kitchen and dining room since we had to take them down so they don't fall with the banging. Visited with Tom and Kathy this eve. and got two fans from Mickey. Kathy and I want to sing, "You've got a friend," at the pig roast. Our voices sound  pretty good together. Phil and Freeman had a board meeting. Philip went to Chi Alpha and to Fishin' Pig with M. Michael worked on the class he is helping to teach at church and also with Aunt Janelle on Amazon ideas-lotion, etc.

Wed.-Susan left for KY today around 10. Tom and Kathy left for CA. I went to Appomattox to see my dentist who happens to be the mayor of the town as well. He did not charge for my visit and thinks the pain on my left side of my mouth has to do with muscle strain and that I should give it a week. Did a big shopping at Walmart. Came home. Put it away. Went out to Farmville and went to Flowers, Millers, the eye glass place to get my glasses adjusted and see my friend Jeannie, church, Baileys, lunch with J, back to Baileys, CVS, Healthy Living, B&M greenhouse, Belk, Food Lion, and I think that's about it. Sitting at Bailey's, waiting for Jenny to pick me up, I had an unusual experience. A man was waiting there as well. He hummed a tiny bit and I said, "Don't stop now." He wondered how I would know that he was any good and I said that I had been a music teacher and that I recognize a good voice when I hear one. "Funny you should say that, " he said. Here he has written 150 songs, has processed 60 of them, puts them on the internet and people buy them, had heard two of his songs on the radio this morning, and his guitarist played for BBKing. Then he sang me a gospel song right there in the waiting room. He writes all kinds of songs. I was given this gift from God. I told him everyone in my family is musical and can sing and he said that he needed voices. He gave me his business card. I have his address now and will send him a pig roast invitation. So cool.  Came home and took care of the chickens, the trash, went over to HV and took care of some things there, came back and put my stuff back up on the shelves and the walls since the hard hammering is finished now, planted peppers, put out three bags of mulch, washed eggs, checked fb and emails, tried to figure out where Michael was and just remembered that he's teaching a class at church for men on hard issues, ate Reeses peanut butter cups, took a bath, and hopefully went to bed. Philip painted the outside of our house today. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Oh! And our AC was fixed this morning so it is nice and cool in here. Something was broken and the freeon was gone. I am sure I spelled that wrong because spell check has it underlined but won't tell me how to spell it.

Thurs.-A/chilly 54 degrees today and rainy. Nathan was here for awhile and I played Handel's Messiah and he danced to 'The LORD gave the Word" and "Why do the Nations so Furiously rage together." He was very snuggly. Went out to Appomattox and had lunch at Granny B's with DDF alias Lisa H. DDF stands for Dear Deep Friend. And now you know. Picked up Pig Roast Invitations at Village Print Shop. Bought 'Unbroken' at Baine's. Picked up two bracelets at B and L and a toe ring for Susan. Checked out Peebles and bought some watermelon at Kroger's for when we go to Tom's Sunday eve. Picked up Phil's hard drive from Karissa at the Confederate Museuem and got some silver ointment at CVS. Came home and took Mickey's fans back to her and visited awhile, dropped off sheets at HV and played the guitar and sang, cleaned Susan's bathroom, finished some wash, cleaned the kitchen, dusted, gathered eggs, burned trash, put two turkey breasts in a crockpot, had a good talk with Philip, and watched some Hitchcock with Phil. Michael said tonight, "You have been a good mommy to all of your children." He tells me most days what a good mother I am and speaks encouraging words. He worked on learning the A-business today. Susan is having fun at Makenzies and ran around today with M and her cousin and another friend. She posted a picture on fb and they were all wearing hoodies. It must be cold there too.

Fri.-Michael and I made a batch of shampoo bar soap first thing this morning. Actually, Michael made it. I just added the essential oils of lavender and tea tree oil. Then we headed off to CCA's graduation. What a service. From the guest prayer to Dr. Hubler's introduction of the guest speaker-Miss Virginia. Courtney Garrett from Pamplin. She can speak and she can sing and she lives on a farm. I wonder if she has a boyfriend. The video of the father-son team going for the ironman marathon was moving. And then we wept with Mrs. J. It was great to see 'my' kids and the teachers again. So precious. Michael and I picked up a flat of strawberries on the way home and when we got home, we got the call that his car was finished so back we went to Appomattox to pick it up. I dropped off some olive leaf capsules at a friend's house whose son was just diagnosed with Lymes. This product really helped me. Came home and made egg salad, strawberry shortcake, sliced some turkey that I baked last night, and did all kinds of things. Best thing though was seeing Nathan for about 15 min. when they came to get eggs. He is just wonderful. He walked in his stocking feet on the grass while I held just one hand. Then he took a step on his own. The guys are cat fishing with Ricky B tonight. Susan is at Makenzies graduation in KY and Phil is working the fields. I had some time alone to do my things and then caught up with Lindsay for a good wonderful hour on the phone. Everyone should have a Lindsay in their life. I'm so thankful she's in mine.

Sat./Sun.-Busy days. Showed Mom and Dad Philip's house and then went to Freeman and Alli's. Had supper together in the eve. and then took them to Tom's. Charlie and Joyce brought them to our place around noon. After a meaningful church service we came home and rested and then went to Tom's for supper. Had a lovely visit. Got to hold my new grand-nephew and catch up with my nieces. Sang hymns around the table. Went for a walk around the gardens with Helen and when we came back, the men were standing under the porch light. I thought, "Who is that shiny handsome man?" and it was Phil.

No comments: