Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Aug. 24-30, 2015

Mon.-Made some more tea towels out of old flour sacks. They're so pretty. Erin drank coffee and contemplated job positions. Went with Kathy to BWW to meet Phil for supper. On the way, we blew out a tire. Michael came and fixed it in 10 min. We had pulled over at Noah's Last Stop. Phil ordered us a delicious burger and fries. Susan was our waitress. He left to go to a board meeting and Kathy and I took our time. Then she dropped me off at Uptown where some women from church were gathering to hang out. It was a good time. He picked me up after the meeting and we went home.

Tues.-Said good bye to Kathy this morning. Took care of N while Alli had an eye apt. He fell asleep on the gator and I snuggled with him for awhile. He slept in our bed for an hour and a half. Such a darling curly head. Then Alli took me to the dentist where I got a front tooth fixed. Then I came home and slept for awhile and then got up and brushed my teeth and slept through the night. Susan worked late. Michael and Jessica had an oils meeting and learned more about essential oils.

Wed.-Got up early and took a walk and walked backwards too. This develops another set up muscles. I worked in the old house and gardens and then came in and started working on tomatoes. Helen had brought over a 5 gallon bucket. Janelle dropped Micah off and he has been reading and creating and eating and watching Three Stooges. As soon as I am finished canning these stewed tomatoes, I am going to take him for a gator ride over to Happy Valley. A big branch fell down some time between my last visit to Kathy and going back an hour or two after she left to make sure things were okay and that she got off. I want to see what really happened and see if it's the swing tree. Susan is taking it easy here today before going to work. Truman (Phil's dad) is getting hip replacement surgery probably as I type these words. We are waiting to hear word. He did well.

Thurs.-Micah was here this morning. He watched Hidalgo while I exercised and walked with Nathan and Alli. Then I dropped him off at his house but the key was missing so I brought him back and he was here with Phil for several hours. I went to town and had lunch with Dianna, then coffee with Lisa while my car was at Bailey's. Lisa and I checked out The Red Door and The Clay Place on main street. I'm so excited to think about taking some classes at both places. We had such a nice talk with the lady at the Red Door. And the lady at the Pottery place is so nice also. After Lisa dropped me off to get my car I went to New Life to pick up some paper work and then headed to Walmart and then to Judy's for supper. She had picked up some food at the Hong Kong restaurant there at Food Lion. Her friend, Vicki, was there also. I helped Sammy Jo with her school work and wish I could teach Sammy Jo full time. She is a sharp one. Came home and Phil and Susan helped me with the groceries and Susan and I caught up and then we both headed to bed earlier than usual. She had a nice brunch with a friend. She was going to mow but it's been so hot and there's been so little rain that the grass isn't growing.  This was such a great day. I felt good and had no fever!

Fri.-Had Micah here in the morning and Nathan in the eve. and I forget what else happened today since I'm writing this four days later.

Sat.-Went out to Farmville and checked out a huge yard sale (bought a wooden high chair for N for 5 bucks and some Coke bowls for Philip) went to Tractor Supply, Belk, Cato, Food Lion, Key Office, Judy's twice, Millers, and most importantly, went to Charity's baby shower at La Parota. Came home and cleaned house, did wash, and got ready for tomorrow. Phil and I watched 'The Search for Red October" which I picked up at Goodwill today.

Sun.-Church. Lunch here with most of us. Homemade rolls, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, baked potato salad, red beet eggs, pickles, and watermelon. Hemmed two pairs of Jessica's pants. Had ice cream and popcorn and a movie later. Alli and Freeman joined us after N's nap. Delightful day. Unfortunately, Susan hit a deer on the way home from church. She's okay. Car is not. B put the deer out of its' misery.

No comments: