Thursday, May 12, 2016

Hertzler Doings~May 9-15, 2016

Mon.-Thurs.-Been having trouble with our internet and am thankful for the window of opportunity to write here. Celebrated a birthday on Tuesday. I turned 58 and was born in 1958. I heard from all of my siblings, which was so nice. Been working on the raised beds. Planted herbs and Susan planted lots of seeds to transplant when they are big enough plants. Yesterday, she and Claire planted all kinds of heirloom tomato plants we picked up for a dollar each at the Community Market at CCA on Tuesday. It's been raining for so many days. Phil got 20 acres of corn planted plus our sweet corn planted as well. Nathan and Alli came over yesterday and she made some sofa pillow covers for both of us. When Nathan came in the house, he pointed above the TV and went on about how the picture that belongs there wasn't there anymore, so I took him to the dining room and showed him where I hung it and then he was fine. He was so tired and I took him for a gator ride but he was so interested in the tree tops and birds, etc. that he would even snap his head back to keep looking at them. I don't know if I'll get to write again this week due to the internet. Tonight, my friend Judy is coming out to see the new addition and to have supper with me. Tomorrow eve, Jessica and I have a catch up dinner night planned. Last night, I went to the Bible Study up at Walkers. There were 18 women there. I really like that it's 2 miles away and I'm home by 8:15. I get to spend time with Minkey there, and that's an added benefit. Right now, I'm watching a downy wood pecker sneaking around the trunk of our walnut tree.

Fri-Sun.-Life goes on...without the internet.

No comments: