Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Aug. 1-7, 2016

Busy week. Getting ready to go to Pa.
Relieved that we are not doing the pig roast this year.
Canning 7 day pickles.
Making plans to see Lindsay.
Coffee with Jessica in their home.
Making zucchini yeast rolls. Out of this world good.
Phil harvesting hay. Bushhogging corn.
Susan harvesting cucumbers, squash, tomatoes.
Susan taking English and Math placement tests.
Did well on both.
Did math test in 45 min. Usually takes people 3 hours. Used calculator once or twice and then realized she could have used it whole time. Scored high. Can take any Math course she wants.

Left Wed. eve and spent the night in Harrisonburg. Forgot my toiletry bag and ran to Dollar Tree to buy essentials.
It made the trip so much easier. Went straight to Anne's and spent the afternoon, eve.. night, Friday morning and early afternoon with her and David. Picked up 13 boxes of jars from Andrea M. and a box of John Deere toy tractor and equipment. Paid 50 dollars and the corn harvester is 45 dollars new.
My highlight was reading to David in my bed with Anne on the other side of him. Sweet time.
Friday afternoon I visited Audrey Hanlon at Garden Spot. There was no time lost between us and we had a nice meal together at the café and she showed me around and also took me to her beautiful apartment. What a dear eternal friend she is.
Went to Rosalee's and spent both Friday night and Saturday night there. Steve and Katrina came down. Katrina is due in 2 weeks. They had a 3 hour drive. Such a sweet time with them. Jim, Rosalee, and I, went to a Diffenbach cousin reunion at Sissy and Barry's in Elizabethtown. Robby and Rocky were there. Also, Jay and Connie, Barb Groff, Earl and his daughter, Cheryl, my brother Abe and his wife, Karen. We all brought food and Barry and Sandy (Sissy) provided chicken, pork bbq, drinks, homemade ice cream and toppings. My cousin, Charlene, died of a massive stroke just 5 weeks ago. I was so excited about seeing her. She was only 68. Cheryl came back from Mozambique. We had a great time sitting around talking about our parents, grandparents, childhood, present day times, etc. I hope we do it again. Sissy showed us around her property. Some families are in the health profession. Our family has many in the teaching profession. Even married teachers.

On Sunday, I went to Hopewell. Sat beside Evie T. We would have gotten kicked out of high school if we were classmates. I just love her. Had lunch with Mom and Dad. Karen and Jonathan came over to visit. We had a get together in the evening for Jim's birthday at Joe and Karen's. Grilled cheeseburgers, salad, corn on the cob, ice cream, raspberry dessert and chocolate zucchini cake.
I love our family.

No comments: