Friday, August 19, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Aug. 15-21, 2016

Mon-Thurs.-I haven't written. Life is busy with the garden, etc. Susan was really sick with an upper respiratory infection and I took her to the doctor. An antibiotic is making her feel much better. Also, went to Lynchburg Thursday and she signed up for classes and applied for some jobs and bought some comfy fall clothes for school. We visited Judy and her mom at the hospital. Michael was here when we got home watching Three stooges. He had helped Phil with a project in the barn. It was nice and familiar to have him here.
We had a crazy thunderstorm and sirens went off at Pamplin and Phil even heard them. Michael and Jess live right near the firehouse and it was a scary thing to hear in the midst of raucous thundering and lightning. I slept through it. I am sleeping better than I can ever remember sleeping.
We also had some excitement with a flying object and power lines but that's all I'll say about that. Coyotes are right down in our meadow. We've lost at least 4 calves to them. Davi hates them.
Jessica came over one morning and learned now to sew buttons on a shirt. She's going to take off on this sewing knowledge because she learns quickly and does well. I need to show her my stash of material. I visited her later that day out in town and bought a pretty scarf and sweater with her help.
Been reading in my mother's journal and learning from the things that helped her. I copy down some of her words in my own notebook and I cry for the struggle she had. I'm so glad she's with Him. I asked Him to thank her for me when He sees her and He said, "I see her every day." I'm glad she finally knows how special and wonderful she is.

Friday, Sat.-Canned bear, vegetable soup, dill pickles. Froze butternut squash and zucchini squash. Didn't get much cleaned. Exhausted.

Sun.-Guest speaker. Writer of 'Still in the Storm.' Ordered it on Amazon. Reading Frank P.s books "The Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness." Slept in afternoon. Philip had a party with Chi Alpha friends at lake. Freeman and Alli and Nathan came here and F. made the bear ribs. Incredible.
Drove the gator over to HV. Kids were floating on inner tubes in the pond. I want to do that. Maybe I found my swimming hole. Been worried about snappers. Restless sleep. So many people have so many troubles. Shelly K's nephew in terrible accident-brain injuries. Jamie and Ginger's niece has symptoms doctors can't diagnose. A praying night.

No comments: