Monday, August 22, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Aug. 22-28, 2016

Mon.-Susan started her classes today at LCC. She took 5 pages of notes in Biology and remembered what she had studied in high school. The gym there has a free membership so she can go work out between classes. Jessica and I were going to clean the old house at HV but decided to wait until another day she has off this week. So we enjoyed coffee, breakfast, and conversation instead.
I went outside and got a little corner of ground prepped to hold Johnny's crepe murtle bush. The dogs attended and were a little forlorn because Susan is gone. Also took care of chickens, picked some tomatoes, brought in beets, cabbage, and cauliflower, and eggs from fridge.
Will finish up the 7 day pickles, make the insides of egg rolls, make quiche, steam cauliflower, cook beets, make baked oatmeal, and maybe zucchini yeast rolls. And take little breaks to stretch and tidy up things.
Susan enjoyed both classes and has her books lined up. Part of me would love to go back to college. But I think I'll read some books I've had in a pile for awhile. And I hope to organize the old house this fall. And the mancave.

Tues.-Sunday-I keep forgetting to write and wonder if I just need to stop blogging for awhile. This week, Kathy Lucas came in from CA to judge C-ponies. It was nice to be with her and our family got with her for dinner on Thursday or Friday over at Happy Valley. 

On Wed., I had lunch with Dianna at La Parota to celebrate her birthday. It was so good to catch up.

On Sunday, we went to Lonnie and Traci Smith's for a picnic. Michael and Jessica came along. They have a beautiful place.

No comments: