Monday, September 5, 2016

Hertzler Doings-Aug. 29-Sept.4, 2016

Monday-Went out to Farmville. Visited Judy and her mama and family at the Woodland. Mama Pearlie is just waiting for Jesus to come and take her. Janelle, Micah, and I, went to see a movie. Florence something something. About a woman who loved to sing but really couldn't very well. Based on a true story. It was wonderful. It made me realize that we should do things whether or not we're good at them. Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant made a great team. My voice was hoarse from shrieking with laughter. Good thing we were the only ones in the theatre.

Tues.-Mark and Ferne Kraybill came and spent the night. Dear old friends. Ferne and I go back to my teen years.

Wed.-Had a nice breakfast and morning with Mark and Ferne. Phil was able to stay home and do paper work. Ferne encouraged me to put together a book from my writings. There were two notebooks of bloggings in the guest room and she was reading from one. We had a nice time of prayer together. Alli took me to the dentist in the afternoon and I got the crown I've been waiting for a year and a half.

Thurs.-Went to see Heidi, the masseuse, and then to Lynchburg. Lori King and I met at Robin Alexanders. Susan was learning her way around there. The Hoffman's and the Rossi's really like this restaurant. Heidi offered her place to Susan if the weather gets bad. So many nice people in this world.

Fri.-Nathan came for awhile this morning. Alli is getting ready for their party tomorrow.

Sat.-Nathan came again and the more I'm with him, the more I want to be with him. And I already always want to be with him.
 We went to Freeman and Alli's for their Labor Day picnic. Claire and Sam came as Susan's guests and the Rainey's came as ours. Logan and Bradley came down. Logan stayed at Michael's and Bradley stayed here. They had fun playing Cam Jam and Circle volleyball. Jordan and Chase were there too, and the Streams. Nichole and Mila came. Tom, Tommy, Serena, and Abby and Janelle and Micah were there as well. It was a nice party and the food was great.

Sunday-Got to visit with Sam this morning before he headed back to Roanoke. He and Phil had coffee on the front porch. Claire, Sam, Bradley, and Susan, built a fire down at the river last eve. Some owls were fighting and they sounded like monkeys, they said.  After church, Jenny invited us to El Patron. It was good to catch up with them. Phil and I watched Diagnosis Murder and made the syrup part of the 7 day pickles. Phil sliced while I stirred the brine. Michael took the guys fishing.

No comments: