Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Sept. 5-11, 2016

Mon.-Susan home. No school or work. Claire came later. I made and canned 25 quarts of vegetable soup. Canned 21 quarts, ate 2, and froze 2.  Phil is mowing and plans to work in the office once he's done. Susan canned hot peppers from her garden. Caught up with Lindsay. They need rain. Lord, send the rain.

Tues.-Claire spent the night. I went to Jessica's for coffee and catch up conversation. Then I headed to the auction where I got two big boxes of red, red and green, and green peppers. One for Freeman. One for me. I made 17 quarts and 5 pints of pickled peppers. Also canned 3 quarts of stewed tomato salad and 6 pints of 7 day pickles, and 1 quart of pickled onion rings made from Susan's onions and leftover brine. Bonnie Stoltzfus brought Rosalee's sweater over. It was mother's and she left it at Bonnie's when they came down for the wedding. It was so sweet of her to bring it over here. Nathan and Alli came over for a little visit today. Susan went to school in Appomattox and then to job training in Lynchburg. She's studying tonight and then we're going to watch a 'Murder She Wrote.' My mother and I used to watch it together.

Wed.-Big day in Farmville. Kacey trimmed my hair. Had lunch with Dianna at El Patron. Visited Jessica at work and got a southern shirt for Susan and a date book for myself. Visited Judy and Logan. Stopped in at Carousel, Goodwill, Restore, and Belk. Went to Walmart. So exhausted by the time I got home. Watched some Murder She Wrote with Phil and Susan. Been eating lousy since Labor Day weekend and am in so much pain and don't sleep well. Must get back to plant based diet. It works and I feel so much better.

Thurs.-Jessica came by to work on her birthday gifts for Michael on our computer so he can't see what she does on Amazon. Nice visit over breakfast potatoes with Susan and her. Sent home piano books with Jessica. Friend, Cindy, gave me adult beginner's books. Jessica will practice on a keyboard and come here once a week for lessons. That's the plan. Wanted to sign up for a red car painting class at Lib's but class was full. On waiting list. Susan went to school. Jess went to work. I'm working on wash, putting full canning jars away, etc. Nathan's coming today while his mommy's away.  We went down to the river and he spent an hour throwing stones in the water. Someday, I want to go there with him, and stay until he's done.

Fri.-Made a carrot cake, Fudge ribbon cake, and 2 quarts of tomato juice. Enjoyed Nathan here for awhile and Alli. Consulted with a life coach for an hour. Watched Diagnosis Murder with Susan and Phil in the eve.

Sat.-Phil woke me up in the middle of the night because I was crying out. Having a bad dream. I was about to be murdered. Took me awhile to fall back to sleep. Did a lot of catching up today. Cleaned the house too. Made a cleaning schedule. If I follow it, I shouldn't have to clean majorly on a Saturday again. The produce is winding down and a schedule should work now. Talked with Lisa P. for awhile, especially about Life Coaching. She's going to try to put me in touch with her coach. Went over to watch a movie with Alli and Nathan while Freeman and Phil went to help Steve with bear damage. The bears were a no show. Susan went to Julie's. Four big buck passed in front of my car on the way home. I would have hit them or they me if I had not braked hard. So beautiful in the cars headlights.

Sun.-Happy Birthday Dear Philip! Valor Day at church. (New Life AG) Phil and I helped greet and put badges on the First Responders. Johnny Garett was there. As he was coming, I announced to the others that he was mine. I said, "He gave me my first speeding ticket in Farmville and now I want to give him a ticket." And I did. I went to shake his hand and tell him that and instead he put his arm around me and gave me a hug. I thanked him for his service in keeping our roads and town safe. I felt especially emotional when I thanked the fire fighters. Gerneral Jerry Boykin preached a sermon that infused Courage into our souls and gave us hope for America. All of the First Responders went up front and many gathered around them to pray for them. How wonderful to know we have each other's backs. I talked with Debby G. later on at the meal. Her mama isn't doing so good. It's her Johnny's birthday too. Phil dropped off a signed copy of General Boykin's book-Never Surrender, to our local police officer. We watched some mysteries in the afternoon. Philip stopped in to say hello and tell us about their weekend at the shore. They camped out and had some exciting experiences. Michael, Jessica, Chace, Jordan, and Philip.

No comments: