Monday, September 12, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Sept. 12-18, 2016

Mon.-Working on following my cleaning schedule. Took trash to dump. Made some black beans and rice and bean soup. Worked in old house. Washing blankets. Hoping to read an hour this afternoon so I get used to putting time aside to study Life Coaching. Going to Gathering Table tonight with Alli and Jessica. Susan has a long day of school and work. I read her what I read in my mother's journal about enjoying the moment you are in and not wishing you were anywhere else or doing something different. She was glad for the reminder. "I needed that."
Had a nice time at the Gathering Table with Alli and Jessica. Took a smoking gun picture and Susan loved it so much she said she was going to send it to her friends. She wanted me to make it my profile picture so I did. Got to bed really late. Am enjoying the book, "And they said it couldn't be done." Written by a nutritionist. Karen Hurd. I think I have the title right. So informative and potentially life changing.
The book club on facebook started reading "Emotionally Healthy Spirituality," by Peter Scazzero. It's so good. Am also reading "The Elephant in the Boardroom." '

Tues.-Today I was able to follow my schedule for the morning and then run errands in town. I picked up some chicken salad sandwiches at Millers and had lunch with Judy. I stopped in and visited Jessica and looked at marble games at Amish Originals. Picked up something for Phil at Hill and Davis and went to the bank and Walmart. Came home and froze the blueberries I picked up at Millers, made the sourdough bread that's been fermenting all day, put a roast in the crockpot that had kept my cooler cool all day, cleaned the guest bathroom, did some wash, visited with Susan and Philip separately, and hope to watch a movie with Susan soon.

Wed.-Had a wonderful bonding day with Nathan. We went to the river and played in the sand. In the house, he painted with water colors very happily and played with playdough, tractors, and superballs. He even snuggled while we watched a movie. Greg H. called me to talk to me about Life Coaching. Very helpful conversation. I was also able to keep on track with my cleaning and daily life schedule. Seems to give me a lot of energy to have simplified and organized this part of my life.

Thurs.-Jessica came over in the morning. I went to see Heidi and got a massage and then did some shopping in Appomattox. Found a queen sized comforter for Susan at Salvation Army for 20 dollars and some shirts for Michael. Also some yellow boots with white polka dots for Susan. She likes them. Am doing my housework this evening. Am also posting in ChickLits about the book 'Emotionally Healthy Spirituality" by Peter Scazzero. It's so good and has generated some interest. I'm hoping all of them buy the book and get involved.

Fri.-Went to Farmville with Janelle. Had Sushi at ShoGun and then took in the movie, "Sully." I highly recommend it. Then we headed to Miller's, then home. It was a nice day. Had Nathan overnight.

Sat.-Call early this morning from Susan. She got in a car accident after she left Claire's. Deer ran out in front of her. She swerved, overcorrected, hit a bank, and according to state police, flipped 6 times before her car came to rest against a tree. She crawled out of her broken window, called Claire, and after getting there, called Phil. He went to get her and helped her with the police and tow truck. They came home and she rested and gratefully saw the family as they came to see her. Julie came over later and Phil and I went to Whitney Fisher's wedding.

Sun.-Phil and I went to church. Susan rested. Had family here in evening for September birthday's.

No comments: