Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hertzler Doings-Aug.15-18, 2008

Aug.15-18, 2008-Jim, Debra, Jordan, Logan, Taylor, and Bradley came down to visit their Virginia cousins. We had a great time shopping, Daily Grinding, fishing, swimming, picnicing by the river, watching movies, playing pick-one, laughing, venting, sharing, sleeping, and last but not least, eating. I cried when they left.
I think twice before I say anything negative. Debra is one of those rare people who thinks a hundred times before she would say something negative about anyone. Therefore, she doesn't. All my children love her and she loves them and sees the best in them. She is listed under Philip's phone as FA-Favorite Aunt. I really miss her.
I miss Jim and the boys, too. Jim thinks deeply and simply, Jordan plays the piano in a soul-grabbing way, Logan hugs hard and loves me, Taylor is smart and reminds me of Uncle Johnny, and Brads grins and enjoys life.
Jim and Debra slept in a single blow-up bed because they wanted to be near each other at night for friendship's sake, I think. "We're little people," Jim said. Jim usually wakes up at 3:30 to start milking cows. I was delighted when he slept in.
I called Mom when they left so she would know that they were on their way back. "My loss is your gain," I sniffed. Hopefully, they will come back next year as they have other years and we will see them on holidays.
Friends are wonderful. Families are forever.

1 comment:

debann said...

thank you dear annette for the kind words, we had a wonderful time and will be back again. annette is a gracious host and you feel like it is your own home and she is so kind and we love you all.