Monday, March 12, 2012

Hertzler Doings~March 12-18, 2012

Mon.-Jeremiah 17:14-"Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me and I shall be saved, For You are my praise." Mom and Dad, Janelle and Micah, joined Michael, Susan, and I for a breakfast of sausage, scrapple, and cereal. I got an offering of only one egg and had to chase the hen off the nest to get it. The rooster considered me a liability and came after me and I gave him a good kick in the head each time he came at me. What a rush! Michael said that Grandma started laughing in the house and said, "You should see your Mother!" I gave Janelle the egg and she made it to her liking since she is on a special diet and could only eat the protein on the table. They all pulled out around 10. Janelle and Micah took Buddy with them. He needs a bath after being on the farm for almost three weeks while they were in Fla. Susan formed and dipped lots of eggs today and I caught up on wash, etc. Phil and I worked pretty late into the eve. vacuum packaging scrapple. Michael and Susan and the guitar kept each other company and Phil sang the blues while Michael played. I always think Phil should sing at open mike at Baine's one of these eves. I love his voice. Michael hung out with Chace and Jordan for part of the day. He brought home a jewelry box with beautiful blue birthstone earrings for Susan for her birthday. The blue matches her eyes exactly.

684-I am thankful that Susan showed me her new little heifer today. She is such a nice little calf. Peter and Ilvana came over and we had a nice little visit. Ilvana thought the calf looked like a 'Lucy' and Susan liked it and adopted the name, since the calf was still nameless. They wait for awhile, sometimes, to name a calf, until it shows its personality.

685- Fresh sausage to eat!

Tues.-"Hallelujah..Holy, Holy...God Almighty...Great I Am!" This is playing so loudly in my head I can't even think of sleeping and who wants to with that kind of heaven's music on earth. Gal. 6:14-"But God forbid that I should glory except in the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ by whom the world has been crucified to me and I to the world." Lindsay told me about the NIV Mom's Devo. Bible competition and I thought that all of the scriptures they gave had probably been explored in every way. But then, I read something in 1 Cor. differently. "Love keeps no record of wrongs," and I got an idea. So, I tried it out with Michael. "Michael," I said. "If love does not keep a record of wrongs, what does love keep a record of?" He thought for a moment and quickly said, "Rights!" Yes! Love keeps a record of rights. So today, after I dropped Susan off at co-op, and I ran my errands to the P.O. (pillowcase is on it's way), the bank, etc. I stopped at Walmart and bought a special fuchsia notebook in which to keep a record of rights. What 'God does right', my husband and children do right, the church and neighbors, friends, do right, etc. And then I realized that I should keep track of what I do right as well, and I think that will be hardest of all. God is love, and love keeps no record of wrongs. Therefore, God keeps no record of wrongs either. So, I wrote up a little devotional and hope to remember to send it tomorrow. Betty, Kelly, Susan and I went to Belks around 5 where we had an appt with Mandy to get the girls makeovers. Susan's skin is so sensitive we have been trying different products and we are hoping that Clinique will do the trick. Mandy was a wonderful person and did Susan's make up flawlessly and kept her looking younger than 20 which is always a good thing. Kelly was more reluctant but eventually, she had her makeover too, although both girls are beautiful and wouldn't need a stitch of make up to make them more so. Then we went to Pino's and had cheese steak wraps and a salad. Susan and I split our dishes. We got home around 9 and Susan still had to bottle feed two little calves. She was so excited about her skin care and make up.
686-Michael's home on spring break this week! So nice to have him to hug every morning.
687-Found a Big/Tall yellow shirt for Michael at Goodwill and a real treasure of a devotional book by Henry Nouwen. A twenty dollar book for 2 dollars worth a million dollars more.
688-Stopped at Jamie and Gingers after dropping Susan off at Faith Bible and delivered 5 chocolate eggs. I visited them during their lunch hour and Jamie started slicing up the peanut butter egg and sharing it around. Ryder, 3 1/2, said in his slow southern drawl, "Daddy, if you would give me another piece of that, I would be so happy, and I would give you a hug." He is so adorable. Ginger said that he talks about me every day but when he sees me, he gets all shy.

Wed.-Not much sleep again due to the song blasting in my brain, "Hallelujah!! Holy, Holy!! God Almighty!! Great I AM!!" But it's much better to stay awake because one's soul is soaring than to stay awake because of a troubled mind, so I'll take this any day. The study today at Mom's & More was on the importance of instilling hope in a child. Hope keeps you from shame. Hope lifts up your head. Hope gives you a future. And I'm thinking about how the Lord disciplines us. His discipline gives us hope. He never disciplines in an angry reaction. He always disciplines for our good. But HOW does He do it? Through His Word? Through circumstances? Through people? Through failure? With His eye? (That's how I want His discipline. I want Him to guide me with His eye so I know what to do next.) Also, today I got to thinking about success. Success is not a fruit of the spirit. And failure is not necessarily a lack of holiness. Think of the person who has been open with you about their failures. Do you not feel that you can also be vulnerable with them? And this is the stuff with which true friendship is welded together. Susan woke up with a reaction from the Clinique and was so disappointed. She grew increasingly more uncomfortable during the day. We took Judy out for her birthday at Sho-gun and by the end of the meal, Susan's face was even more red and rashy and her eyes were swelling. We went right back to Belk's and Mandy wasn't there but 3 other concerned clerks at the counter gathered around and offered their advice and concern and their love. They told her that she was still beautiful and they gave her some lotion to calm things down. She basically had a chemical peel done to her face because the products were too strong.They told her to wait until it calmed down and to start back slowly and see which of the products caused the reaction. They will exchange anything we want. I was so impressed and warmed by these dear ladies who cared so much for my daughter. We then went to Walmart and snuck in the garden center. She didn't want anyone to see her. We got some lotion for her face with a sunscreen because they said that any sun exposure would just burn her more. I got some Benedryl and she took it in the car and she took a long nap as soon as we got home. The cows were out later and she had to go out and chase them in, wearing sunglasses , because her eyes were so sensitive. It's gotten worse instead of better even though everything's been washed off. She's skipping youth group tonight and we had pizza and watched 'Sense and Sensibility.' Phil, Freeman, Philip, and Dave Plank drove south 10 hours today. Dave's uncle is putting them up and they are going wild boar hunting. They'll be back Sat. eve. Michael's feeling a bit sick in the stomach. Something he ate while fishing.
689-I remember realizing years ago that true friends love each others children. I am so thankful for those friends who are kind to my children and invest in their lives. I am thankful for those who think the best of my children and want the best for them too no matter what that looks like.
690-I am thankful that I was talking to Janelle and she said something that reminded me that I needed to submit my writing to the NIV devo contest and I submitted it with about 20 min. left in the competition. I wish I had copied what I wrote because I had only jotted a few notes down and wrote from that and sent it away.

Thurs.-James 5:13,14,15 has been getting my attention.
"Is any among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven." I love that. If you are sick-ask for prayer and you will be healed and forgiven. If you are suffering-pray. If you are cheerful-sing. The activity fits the situation. James is so practical. Susan's face is not inflamed this morning but her eyelids are still swollen. Great day at home. Washing, cleaning, napping, making cole slaw and macaroni salad, etc. Michael went away in the eve. to Chace's birthday party and played guitar with his buddies. Alli came over for a girl's night out and we had hot dogs, cole slaw, and mac salad, choc. chip cookies, and popcorn while we watched 1 1/4 movies-"Runaway Bride" and "Nicholas Nickleby."(finished NN Friday)

691-Thankful for Susan running around in her yellow shorts and floppy barn boots with her calf, Little Lucy, chasing after her in our back yard.
692-Susan wanting to plant her own garden. Planted peas in Happy Valley raised beds.

Fri.-"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning-Yes, more than those who watch for the morning." (Psalm 130:5,6) Why does a watchman watch for the morning? Because then he will no longer be responsible to figure out the things that go 'bump' in the night? Because then what is mysterious has an explanation? Because then he can go home and rest? Watchman, straining his eyes to see the light of dawn, waiting until the expected time. Susan and I went to Prospect Fire Hall for their yard sale this morning. Saw Judy there. She said when she reads about our farm or sees pictures of it on face book, it makes her think of heaven. It makes her feel like she's home. She got all teary eyed and needed to stop talking about it. We got an infant pillow seat for Susan's baby boxer when he comes. He can sleep on that pillow beside her in bed. The cows got out repeatedly today. Grrr....

Michael went flying. Susan cleaned her room, did her wash, and studied History. I worked on the outside flower bed and the little pigs were happy to eat the chickweed I pulled. I dumped it in their pen for them. Sidney came and visited me while I pulled weeds and then tried to get me to rub him instead of doing my work. He laid down in the dirt. He's quite a grunter, that pig. I went down to the chapel and gathered all the linens together to be washed and they had been chewed on, burrowed into, ETC. by insects and rodents. I sprayed the wasps that were hanging around and the nests of stink bugs nestled under the rocking chair cushions. It will take several hours of cleaning to get my little sanctuary back into being a sanctuary but it's that time of year when spirits and souls and chapels need to be aired out and refocused. Michael went flying and he called on his way back with the exciting news that he had solo-ed for nearly 45 min. Three take-offs and 4 landings or was it the other way around. Probably not. Then, his instructor cut off his shirt tail. !!! It will be displayed in the training room and given back to him at grad. I guess I can always sew it back on. I asked, "Were you wearing that new yellow shirt I just got you?!" "No, I was wearing that blue shirt. Remember, the one that you got me and I already had one just like it?" Michael wanted to celebrate so we are going to make homemade pizza! I have the dough and sausage starting even as I write this. So far, the guys haven't gotten any wild pig but Phil said that he is just about as relaxed as he's ever been. I'm so glad that he gets to have this vacation. I am sure he needed it. I don't know anyone who works so hard. He works all day in Richmond and comes home and does some farm work and paper work and manages to give the rest of us some attention as well. All cheerfully. I miss him and I am thankful for him. I always get a little off balanced emotionally when he is gone. I'll be glad when he's back home.

693-Missi sent us an order of eggs from the Woodland. She had been talking them up to her fellow workers. Thank you!

694-Michael, walking through Kroger, with a large portion of the back of his shirt cut out. (Thankfully, he was wearing a t-shirt under his shirt.)If someone asked, he gladly told them why. They always like to see him in there. They miss his sunshine.
695-A Cutco friend of Mike's spent the night in the mancave. He has some business in the area and needed a place to stay for a few days.
696-Redbuds blooming
697-Bluebells threatening to erupt into ethereal blue beauty.
698-Susan's joy in loving Lucy, knowing that she'll never have to sell her. She's for Susan's heifer-calf project-college fund in the works.

Sat.-"...our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up." Daniel 3:17,18-

This scripture reminds me of Hebrews 11, where people did die, without receiving the promise, full of faith in God. I've been listening to the later part of Hebrews and the book of James on CD for weeks now and am always struck by the common factor of faith that those listed in Hebrews had with one another. And some of them received their dead back to life and others were tortured and killed. But the ones who lived and received their dead back to life didn't look at the others who didn't make it-who died without receiving the promise-as those who didn't have enough faith to gain a better circumstance. Faith is believing in God whether or not your circumstances change for the better. The three Hebrew men believed in God and were willing to die for Him regardless if He rescued them or not. But they believed He would. If He had not, it would not have been because they did not have faith. Sometimes we are afraid to believe that He will answer our prayers because what if He will not? But faith is believing in God and believing that He will answer our prayers and believing in Him even if He does not. Believing in God is not about believing He will do what we want. Believing in God is believing that He is, and believing the things are true which He spoke about Himself. This kind of faith in God will not be destroyed when He doesn't show up and deliver us when we are in the fiery furnace. It believes in Him regardless. I have no idea about this kind of faith but I think I've got a little seed of it in my pocket to plant somewhere in my spirit.

Took Susan to Calvary where she met up with a pile of kids all going out to Liberty's Ice Skating Rink in celebration of Daniel F's birthday. She went home with Jenny and spent the night. I washed curtains and dusted walls and blinds and washed and vacuumed floors and then went to Dianna's and we went out to town for lunch and looked for book shelves, a chair, and a picture but we didn't find anything. Came home and put up my feet and took a little nap and Phil, Philip, Freeman, and Dave got home close to 7. They have been pig hunting in Georgia for a few days. Got nothing, but that's fine because the freezers are full of sausage and scrapple. They are busy trying to find the hole in the fence because the cows are everywhere. I couldn't sleep last night very well because of their lowing. I had a humidifier and fan running, a CD playing, and earplugs in. I don't sleep well with all that cover noise either because I listen more for things that go bump in the night when Phil's not home. But I decided to let God keep watch and finally fell asleep. Michael had a Cutco demonstration today and then went fishing with Chace and Travis for Chace's birthday.

699-I am thankful for the invitation to go to Tom's for lunch tomorrow.
700-Dianna's blooming white trees in her back yard.
701-Phil's long hug
702-Angel's happy again. Phil's home. She gets so depressed without him. They tell me she gets depressed when I leave too, but I think she's worse when he's gone.
703-Getting to see Sheriff yesterday with Susan. It made her sad for a little bit. He was so happy to see us. What a good boy he is.
704-Philip, telling me about the little cabin they stayed in. No electricity or running water. No outhouse! Don't ask.

Sun.-This morning in church we were singing a song with the words, "I see a generation...rising up to take their place...with selfless faith...with selfless faith." So often, we think of that particular generation as being the younger generation but this morning, those words became mine and I knew that every one of us was that generation. That every one of us, in the generation we are in, must take our place with selfless faith. For we will become complacent if we think we are not a generation that will influence the world to believe in Him. If I do not believe that I am that generation, I will lay down my gifts, and callings, and anointing, and allow someone else younger and stronger than I to pick it up, and His gifts and callings are without repentance. They are for me to use no matter what age I am! This revelation filled me to the brim today. I am not a 'has been!' God has more for me to do in His kingdom. Every one of us is important and needed in the body. Every Bible believing church in the area is important. Thank God churches are springing up and growing. We are going to need every church we have to help bring in the harvest; to help bring in the nets full of fish. We have to know who we are and whose we are and not a one of us is too old or too broken to be used to bring people into a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and help them grow in Him. I am that generation who seeks Him! I am on my knees! Perhaps the place we are rising up to take is the space we take up on our knees?! I hear and see a revival now! Not coming! Here! It's here! Through repentance comes renewal in the church and then the world sees the church being renewed and they want to come back to Life! Revived! We can't work up revival. Humbling ourselves is the opposite of working up something.
If My people will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways-then Revival! It's up to us! Because then He will hear from heaven, forgive our sins, and heal our land. Isn't that revival? But who wants to repent? Who wants to mourn over their sins? Oh God, cleanse me from a religious spirit. I want Christ's spirit. I don't want the spirit of those who persecuted Him and told Him He wasn't righteous enough. Imagine telling God He isn't good enough. Wow. A religious spirit can look at 'free' worshippers and say, "I used to act like that but now I'm more stable and balanced." A religious spirit can look at the 'quieter' worshippers and say, "They are too proud to show God their love for Him. They are afraid of looking the fool. But not me. I still have my first love." Oh God, cleanse me from a religious spirit within and without. I don't want to manipulate others and I sure don't want to be manipulated either. Christ knows the true worshippers no matter what they may look like to others. We should accept one another then just as He has accepted us. Oh God! Cleanse me of pride! Cleanse me with hyssop and I shall be clean! Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and renew a right Spirit within me! THEN! THEN I will teach transgessors Your ways, And sinners SHALL BE converted to YOU!!!! Personal cleansing and repentance...a restoration of the joy of our salvation...Then we can help the world. Then there is Revival. Psalm 51. A broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise. The beginnings of revival...brokenness...contriteness...Holy Holy God. Don't take Your Holy Spirit from us!

Pastor Frank's sermon was from Daniel 4. God showed grace to King Nebuchadnezzar by giving him a dream, giving him an interpreter and interpretation of the dream, and givng him a year to repent and get his ducks in a row. But instead of repenting, he became more proud, and thought that everything he had was due to his own greatness, and the dream became reality, and he found himself eating grass like a cow for seven years. It's good reading. Like a novel, only it's true! The kingdom was taken from King Nebuchadnezzar. Do not take for granted the grace of God and keep on sinning or you may lose your kingdom. You may lose your blessing if you don't start obeying.( Build yourself up in your most holy faith and fight the good fight of faith. Keep the balance between building and fighting. Nehemiah had builders building the wall while they kept a sword in hand to ward off their enemies. If you don't build, you won't have anything to defend! You won't have a fortress to run to! You won't have a wall to keep your back as you fight the foe with your sword.) Keep balanced and rid yourself of those things that are prideful and distracting. Give honor to one another. Every person is made a little lower than the angels. Respect and love everyone. Make it easy for those who are in authority over you whether they be your pastor, parent, or spouse. Esteem others as better than yourselves. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling for it is God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Now is not the time to be critical or judgmental of one another. We are family! We are in a battle! All hands are needed on deck! (Ok. I admit. That was a mixture of our pastor's sermon and my own thoughts as I was writing his sermon out but unless you were there, you'll never know the difference.)
WELL! We left church and went to Tom's for a glorious lunch of their own beef roast, potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, applesauce, homemade rolls, 7 layer salad, chiffon marble cake, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, strawberry sauce, and mint tea. We sat around the table and talked for awhile and then came home. Phil and I went out to church in the eve. Susan had spent the night at Jenny's and Sara G. was there as well and they were up untl 3 talking and then had to get up shortly after 6 so she stayed home.
Philip 'preached' in children's church. I wish I could have heard him. Michael had a nice weekend with his buds but they decided to come back and sleep here last night instead of staying outside to be food for the mosquitoes. He went back to Lberty this eve. after being here for a week of Spring break.
705-At least four older women spoke words of encouragement into my life at church today and for that, I am truly grateful.
706-That I understand a little more than I used to about the book of Revelation and the time line of history; the difference between the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ; and a few other things among many yet to grasp after attending church this eve. and hearing a teaching on End Times. How am I supposed to sleep tonight?

No comments: