Saturday, April 7, 2012

She Sang He Sang

What Mary may have sung when faced with the empty tomb:

"It is Finished
It is done.
His body's broken,
His Spirit's gone.
How could they kill Him
God's only Son?
The battle's over
Darkness has won."

What Jesus may have sung to Mary when He found her weeping there:

"It is Finished
It is done!
The battle's over
The Victory's won!
Come see my triumph
Hell's demons run!
Death now is conquered,
Life has begun!"

I imagine her sadly singing at the tomb.
I imagine her beginning to sing her sad tune a second time.
"It is Finished...it is done..."
I imagine Jesus' deep voice singing those same lines with her.
I imagine Mary turning around to see who is singing...
I imagine she likes His version a whole lot better than hers.


I imagine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words taken from 'You Were the Joy'-copyright 1996-Annette Hertzler

No comments: