Monday, March 11, 2013

Hertzler Doings~March 11-17, 2013

Mon.-Woke up an hour or two later than normal and felt behind all day. Daylight Savings Time. Michael passed his flying test today and now he can fly solo. Freeman and Alli went to settlement. He posted a picture of the house they want to build on face book and told everyone the news. So many good friends were happy for them. Susan put in a full day with farm work, candy egg forming, Civil War DVD lectures, and then spent the eve. in Lynchburg with Phil at the cattle auction. Michael stacked firewood in the afternoon. I did lots of Monday chores. It felt like spring in the 60's. Read in Gal. 5:6 this morning that the only thing that is beneficial is faith, working through love. ///Thankful for Phil's happy tomahawk find. (not at our place) It's strange. Melissa S. found one in their backyard today as well. Thankful to talk in depth with several friends today and realize that I'm not alone in this sense of intensified pressure.  Thankful for Lucy's funny, almost human ways, that endear her to us.Thankful that Philip had a happy day and that he was so happy that he got to hold Chloe this past Sunday.

Tues.-Went out to town early to run errands-bank, Walmart, Belk-and then to co-op. I went to Riverside and had lunch with Dianna and Laurell. Then to Judys to show her The Last Supper and to get her professional sewing opinion about how much tacking down should be done. I played doll house with Sammy Jo in her little room closet and got completely out of hand. My voice was hoarse by the time I left and I was completely worn out. It's so nice to have Michael home for spring break. He was making some meat when we got home. Bear burgers and mystery meat for their lunch tomorrow. ///Thankful for good conversations with my children. Thankful that buttercream filling mixed with peppermint extract and dipped in dark chocolate is out of this world. Thankful that Phil, Freeman, and Alli, can all ride together to musical practise. Thankful for Sammy Jo's giggles and Judy's whoops and her video taking and sending to Jessie to make her laugh. Jessie usually writes back, "Face book worthy!" Judy says, "I wouldn't dare!"

Wed.-Day at home to do odds and ends. Cleaning. Cooking. Washing clothes. Finished this book in chapel with Susan-"Every Body Matters" by Gary Thomas. Excellent read. Susan made strawberry eggs to dip in chocolate today. She listened to Civil War DVD's while she worked. Michael worked at the Abbey all day, cutting wood. His back hurt him. Freeman came in to give me a hug after work. That's always nice when he does that. Phil was going to be home early but due to the lack of a signed check, he had to go back to the Abbey to find the man. Went to Guild's on his way home to check out their greenhouse needs and finally got home at 8:45.///Thankful for the surprise mixed weather shower and high winds mid afternoon. And for the sun that came out afterwards. Thankful for a chance to clean off my desk, tidy my room, vacuum the house, and wash the kitchen floor.

Thurs.-Thankful that Susan safely drove us to Richmond to the dentist for a tooth extraction for me-failed root canal-then to Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Goodwill. She put things away and I slept the Clonopin away. Slept all night too.

Fri.-Still sleepy. Juggling pain meds. Lucy disappeared around 1. We've been looking for her. Missed a pastoral search committee meeting, Lisa H's. book signing, a quick visit with Judy, Susan's meet-up spot for a party and sleepover, and the Knit group game night. Rough afternoon and evening. Buck Night for Philip. Michael had some time with Jordan. Phil, Susan, and I hit the sack early. Hoping for sleep and a puppy tomorrow. Thankful for caring friends who I saw walking while driving around looking for Lucy. Thankful for the number of times I heard the words repeated, "She'll come back." Thankful for hope in a better tomorrow. Jesus, please take care of little lucy in the dark.

Sat.-Took Susan to Appomattox for drama practise at Liberty. She took the profile pictures of the actors. Came home and posted some homemade signs on the mailbox. 'Lost Boxer-Fawn Female-and our phone number. Our neighbor came over to talk to me while I was doing this and suggested we look at a certain area down one of the back roads. A short time later, Phil and Philip went there, and there she was! She had been missing for 24 hours. I feel like I've age 24 years! They called Susan at drama practise and it was so wonderful for her to know that Lucy was found. Lucy is acting strangely-shy, traumatized maybe? Does she think we abandoned her? Not sure. Very tired and lethargic. Julie T. brought Susan home and is spending the night. They went to the river and came back before the storm-hail, lightning, rain, thunder, high winds-and later watched a chick flick, while Phil and I went and picked up Peter and Ivana and went to the Macs for an Italian dinner evening. They had a good time and Mike invited them to come each time. Peter was so impressed with Mike's lasagna and said that it tasted like the authentic sauce he had in Naples, Italy. And Michael doesn't really know what he did to make it taste that way.Peter made homemade bread and brought it along. It was a really great night. I love our church and our friends. I'm thankful for this open door and open arms that were reached out to our friends this evening. I am thankful that Lucy was once lost but is now found and will be fully restored to us as we assure her of our love. I am thankful for pain meds because my jaw is really hurting me now. I love you Lord, for you have heard my prayer, and have not let the waters flood over me.

Sun.-Michael and Philip made a 'real' Hertzler breakfast-homemade raw fries, eggs, and scrapple. Julie T. had spent the night here and so did Jordan, so our table was filled. Had a really good teaching about forgiveness by Pastor Jerry. We left quickly so Phil could get some rest in before a full afternoon and eve. of Easter musical practise. The girls stopped at Walmart on their way home and bought some donuts and cookies n' cream ice cream for their lunch. I went out with Phil to see dress rehearsal since I'll be in Pa. when they have their performances. They have about a 45 person choir singing with a sound track while a video displays scenes portraying the life of Christ from Genesis to Revelation. It's very good. Very moving. I love how Christ is portrayed. I can't wait to see Him. As I went to leave, Freeman called out, "Good bye Mom." I think it was Becky that said, "Everyone say goodbye to Annette" and they all waved and said good-bye. And I carried the warmth with me all the way home. I felt like maybe I was enjoying it too much. Like maybe I was getting proud of all that love so as I drove, I said, "I give their love to you, Lord." And He said, at least I think He said, "No, I want you to have it. I already have their love. I want you to feel it too." And it was nice. And I received it as a gift from my brothers and sisters at New Life. And it felt good. Came home to an empty house and have been visiting on face book and eating some rice macaroni. I have much pain and wish I would have gotten that prescription for pain meds after all. Aleve and IBProfen is not cutting it. Tomorrow I will see how I am. Because I'm not to drive with the pain meds in my system. But it's worse at night and I wouldn't be driving anyway. Susan and Michael are at the Warrens. Philip-I'm not sure where he is. Phil is still at New Life or on his way home with Freeman and Alli. It's 7:30.The tub is filling up. The towels are in the dryer. And I see that they are calling for snow tomorrow. I am hoping that nothing tampers with our trip to Pa. ///I am thankful that Lucy seems better. More like her old self. I am thankful for Larry Roth and how he started eating one of Susan's Easter eggs right there in church. I am thankful that Lucy is asleep on her blanket in our house. I am thankful for the love. I am thankful that Freeman is so comfortable being on stage and doesn't look at all like he's in front of a firing squad. I am thankful that I love to be alone and I love to be with family and others. I am thankful that I reconnected with an old high school friend on face book tonight and we are planning to meet halfway in Richmond and spend some time together. I used to nearly live at her house.

No comments: