Monday, March 18, 2013

Hertzler Doings~March 18-24, 2013

Mon.-Rainy chilly day. I think I like every kind of weather. Susan worked on her eggs and lollipops. I went to Appomattox and got my hair trimmed and went to Krogers. Alli and Freeman both have a stomach flu. Phil and Susan went to the livestock auction in the afternoon and she continued with dipping eggs in the eve. and doing wash. I made kale soup and potato soup. Michael helped by chopping up the vegetables with Cutco. Phil worked around here most of the day. Philip worked with Dave. My oral surgery site seems to be doing better. Last night the pain levels were the highest and I had a hard time breathing. But oragel, arnica, pain meds, salt water rinse, and a cold pack, finally won. Thank God. I didn't want to have to go back to Richmond today. Pretty wiped out. Hoping to get to bed soon. Thankful that Philip got to go play basketball tonight. Thankful for this week with Michael on spring break. It was hard to see him go back to school. Thankful for the sounds of tub water running, the dryer flinging clothes about, Susan dipping eggs, rain, and Phil, working on his computer.

(Writing the following catch-up writing on April 3rd and 4th)

Tues.~Lots of errands while Susan at co-op. Packed for Pa.

Wed.~Left for Pa around 8. Susan drove 3 hours and more while in Pa. We stopped in to see Pastor Frank and Lisa in Warrenton and had a nice lunch with them. Great to see them. Got to Joe and Karen's around 5:30. Jonathan ran right to us. Caught up with Karen as far as everything about Jonathan goes. Unpacked car. So much stuff. Joe and Karen left for the airport around 7. Jonathan cried and cried when they told him they were leaving. Had most of us in tears too. Distracted him with his bath. He just sat in the tub for a long time and said mournfully, 'Mommy, Daddy' over and over. Nice bedtime ritual of reading, praying for those who mentions, praying Numbers 6 over him-"The Lord bless you and keep you...", singing to him, rocking. Lucy howled from her cage in the garage. Not allowed in the house due to a number of things.///Thankful for the safe trip. Thankful to reconnect with Lisa and PFrank. Thankful that Joe and Karen get to take a vacation to England.

Thurs.-Jonathan woke up crying around 4:30 this morning. I walked in and he was on his back, eyes opened. He said, "Hi." I picked him up and gave him his cup. "Juice," he said. I rocked him back to sleep. Jonathan isn't feeling well. Woke him up this morning at 8:30. Visited Mom and Aunt Rhoda and Aunt Mae and three of their cousins. She had them over for the day. They worked on their projects of cross-stitch, rug braiding, etc. together while they visited. Jonathan fell asleep in Susans arms  around 11:30. Kept on sleeping when we went across the road to his house. Slept until I woke him up at 3:50. He sat on one of our laps until 4:30 and seemed a lot better. Mom visited in eve. Susan and I watched American Idol for the first time in years. Read a scripture that keeps echoing in my heart as if it was written today. Jesus said to His disciples in the garden, "Are you still resting? The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hand of sinners." ///Thankful for a most wonderful mother-in-law and her sweet sisters. Thankful that Jonathan is sad that his parents went away but he's not beyond being comforted. Thankful for Jonathan.

Fri.-Heard about the Folz fire. Feel deeply for them. Mom and Dad watched Jonathan so Susan and I could check out Debra's 'jewelry store' next door. Went to BB's. Linda came over in the eve. I think this is also the day we had breakfast at Naomi's. I'm not sure. Life got busy. Linda kept referring to me as Aunt Annette. That night, Jonathan would say, "Aunt Ette! Aunt Ette!" I'd go check on him.  He was practising saying my name. Eventually he settled on 'Aunt Anne.' When he saw the picture of his other Aunt Anne and I together, he would say, "Two Aunt Anne's." Restless night for him. Up 3 or 4 times before settling for the night. Thought he threw up at one point. Just not feeling well. Poor little guy.///Thankful for all the Aunt's and Uncle's in this little guys life. Debra stopped over one of the days and he was so happy to see her too. Thankful for strength for this day. Thankful for the peace of God.

Sat.-Now my stomach is upset. Went to Annie's with Mom and Jonathan. Thought it might be the vitamins I took. Not so. Fun to watch the little boys play together. David talks in long sentences. I couldn't understand what he said and talked 'nonsense' talk back to him. He looked at me with his sweet smile and gestured with his palms up and shoulders shrugging as if to say, "I don't have any idea what you just said." Two wonderful smart little boys. How precious they are. Jesus, let them live long and happy lives serving you and giving joy to those around them.  Back home, Susan curled up on the patio bench with a blanket with Lucy. Vernie called. Said she could take Jonathan in the morning if I was still sick. Susan got violently sick in the night. Thankful for a house with three bathrooms. Thankful for Mom, Susan, and Anne. Thankful for all my dear sister in laws.

Sun.-Vernie (Karen's mother) came and got Jonathan this morning around 8:30. Susan and I rested all day. Susan couldn't keep ice chips down. Had temp of 103.2. Stayed near her. Slept in Joe and Karen's bed so I could be near her. She is light headed and clammy. ///Thankful for a day of rest. Thankful for Bev, who visited us yesterday, and brought us ginger ale and sprite. Thankful that we sometimes don't realize how good we feel until we feel really bad.

No comments: