Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hertzler Doings-May 6-12, 2013

Mon.-Good day. Went out to Farmville. Got groceries, etc. Picked up two red box movies. Rain. Rain. Rain. 1 1/2 inches.

Tues.-Went out to co-op. Had lunch with Catherine at Riverside. She gave me her brother's manuscript about Mary, the Mother of Jesus to peruse. Stopped in to see Judy before heading home. Michelle came over late afternoon for a visit. Knit group in eve. Baby shower for Teresa. Good to see the girls again. 1 1/2 inches of rain.

Wed.-Watched 'Lincoln' with Michael and Susan. Chalked it up under 'history' hours. Cleaning back room. Can reach the piano again. Raining more. Making candles. Day 8 of Juice Fast. Eating that salad yesterday made me hungry for salads to eat rather than salads to drink. Officer H. stopped by today. He is interested in buying Philip's pigs. He showed us how his dog performs and told us how he is trained to scent follow humans, etc. He also told us how to barbeque a pig with apple juice. He reminds me of Buddy S. I made the first salad from our garden. Lettuce and spinach. I added cucumbers, radishes, and onions. I decided that it is okay to eat anything I could juice. I made up a salad dressing that is delicious. One avocado smushed. A squirt of olive oil. Twice as much red wine vinegar. Salt. A tsp. of honey and a tsp. of coconut sugar. Mix it up. Then toss it with the salad. I had it for lunch and supper. Susan wants it every day. The supper men liked it also. The sun shone a little this evening. The sky is blue and pink. There is fog in the meadow. The dishwasher is running. A new candle is burning. There is peace in our valley.

Thurs.-Once again, Homeschool Softball unites the Body of Christ, and I am glad.

Fri.-My 55th birthday. Heard from family and friends via face book and phone calls. Last day of 10 day juice fast. Celebrated with homemade ice cream. Mulched front garden. Phil brought home beautiful lilies, peonies, and purple flowers. We dug up a new little garden on the other side of the front porch. Windows open. Breezes blowing.

Sat.-Almost finished new front garden. Cleaned house. Went to a meeting at church to meet-n'-greet some precious people. Visited Buddy S. and Cierra and Ian after we came home. Kids had friends over tonight. Sarah, Jordan, Haley, Erik, and April. They made a big pot of pasta with cheese sauce, bacon, and sausage. They're playing a version of volleyball in a circle and the plans are to play Quelf later. Sara S. gave me a bonsai plant with the word 'Faith' on it. I asked God for the gift of faith and he gave it to me. She wrote a most encouraging note. I love her. I am thankful for hope. I am thankful for the tearily whispered 'Thanks for bringing them to us.' I am thankful for the sound of young voices laughing and the bopping of the ball.

Sun.-Yay! Pastor Bill and Jenny McIntosh were overwhelmingly welcomed by love and votes by New Lifer's this morning. They have four children ranging in ages 8-17. They've been staying with Steve and Dianna this weekend. Our whole family was there together. Michael made me a Mother's Day meal of Fish and Chips. We had ice cream and Freeman and Alli's brownies for late dessert. We watched a movie together in the evening. A Bourne movie. It was a nice day.

No comments: