Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hertzler Doings~April 28-May 5, 2013

Mon.-Still at the beach house. Raining and a bit chilly. Washed our sheets and towels and cleaned the house. Loaded the car. Went to a little Mexican Restaurant nearby while things were in dryer. Came back and switched things around and went shopping on Asbury Street. Came back and finished putting away towels and dishes. Headed for home around 1:30. Rough traffic in Phila. Went back to Naomi's.Went out to Yoders with Mabe, Naomi, Krissy, and Ashley. Had the soup and salad bar.  Met Bev on her way home from work. Had sent most of my things with her since there wasn't room for everything in Naomi's car. So good to see her again. Came back and watched Pride and Prejudice with the girls until we couldn't keep our eyes open. Slept again in Morgans bed.

Tues.-Visited with Naomi over coffee and then headed to Rosalee's for breakfast shortly after 8. She made everything so special by using Mother's place mats, plates, saucers, and glasses. She served a toasted English muffin with ham, eggs, and provolone cheese. After she made it, she wrapped it in foil, and the cheese melted into everything. So good. Also served hash browns, Grandma Landis' crumb cake, fresh fruit salad, coffee, and orange juice. We had such a nice visit. Then I headed to Glennwood Foods. Bought some ham loaf and a frozen turkey to keep it cold in my cooler. Bought some cereal, etc. Then headed home. I stopped at Marian's Fabric Store off 81 and bought some housecoat material and fell in love with her son-in-law's huge German Shepherd-Damien. I videotaped him on my camera for Phil and he fell in love with him too. Had to keep stopping at rest stops to stay awake. Closed my eyes at one just to rest a bit. Judy talked to me the last half hour of the trip and that really helped. Got home after 6:30 and had left around 11. Put alot of my things away and gave out gifts. I got Susan pretty earrings that had lots of little pieces of color in an oval shape and circular shape.She liked them very much. I got the boys a painted sign that says, "MANCAVE-Women by Invitation Only." They loved it. I got Freeman and Alli a box of Shriver's salt water taffy. I got Phil...well, I came home. And he forgot he had a meeting and he got there late and wasn't here when I got home. Took me a long time to stop jerking awake. Kept feeling like I was about to be run over by big trucks. So much traffic on 81.

Wed.-Catch up day. Washed and cleaned and rested and blogged. Saw Lindsay's announcement on facebook. She announced it with a picture. A clothesline. Gil's white shirt. Lindsay's white baggy shirt. Emma's white dress. Adi's white slip. And a little white onesie. Little darling is now a size of a hershey's kiss. 9 weeks old.

Thurs.-Second day of juice fast. Miserable. Aching. Cold.

Fri.-A significant day. All will be well.

Sat.-Alli got me some tomatoes and herbs to plant. It's cold outside. Heart of Va. Julie and Susan went to Heart of Va. and fireworks. S. spent the night at Julz.  Freeman got a 23 pound turkey at Rich's. Michael is working there today and got to see it. Phil and Philip are fishing. Freeman, Alli, and I, went to Ranck's to pick up our two beehives. Gil and Emma spent the night. They are going to District Council this week. So great to see them. Emma slept in bed with me since Phil was away.

Sun.-Nice breakfast and conversation with Gil, Emma, and Michael. Gil took part of the service at church and represented corporate missions in PAThomas's sermon on missions. They came back here afterwards along with Freeman, Alli, and Susan. We had toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup and tortillas with bear meat and beans for anyone who wanted it. They left soon after 3. So great to see them. So easy to be with them. Phil and Philip got home late in eve. with two coolers of trout. Phil got to see Tom T. while he was in Pa. I'm starting to feel better. Day 5 of juice fast.

No comments: