Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hertzler Doings~May 13-19, 2013

Mon.-Out to town for lots of errands and softball. Michael, Susan, Sara, Abby, Julie, and possibly Meredith, went out to Macado's afterwards. I had a nice conversation with Eileen and Sherri. Making new friends, too. I'll miss softball when it's over.

Tues.-Our to town for co-op. Dianna treated me to Cook Out for my birthday.

Wed.-Busy day at home. Made mashed potato soup and angel food cake for Catherine's birthday dinner tomorrow at Judy's. Caught up with Janelle and Catherine on the phone. Cleaned off my desk and finished mulching the raspberries and peonies. Susan mowed at Happy Valley and our place. Hot sultry day with high winds. Every one seems extra tired.

Thurs.-Today's highlight-Birthday party for Katherine Mac at Judy's. I brought mashed potato soup with chopped hard-boiled eggs and bacon for topping. Judy made chicken salad and which we ate in warm croissants. I used a dozen egg whites in the angel food cake and made a glaze for it and we served that with strawberries and whipped cream. We took lots of pictures and had a great time. She felt dearly loved and unworthy. There was a message from her on the phone when I got back from softball. She said that God meant for us to be friends. I agree. She'd like to get the gang together once a month. Besides Judy and I, these were the friends she asked for and received. Betty, Dianna, Amy, Mabel, Jeannie, and Corrie. Had a great time at ball too. Teresa thought I might have had a little something to drink. I sang her at least three songs. Feelin' a little high on friendships. Michael met with Kevin W. Awaiting an answer.

Fri.-Michael got Kevin's blessing to date his daughter. Whoot! Whoot! Love this girl. Picked strawberries-about 19 pounds-with Susan. Froze most of them for smoothies. Made sausage egg muffins and fish and salad. Guys home early. Phil went to Men's Retreat for the eve. with Chris. Freeman leading worship. Philip with friends up at the Poconos. Michael to Warren's for the eve.

Sat.-Dr. F. put me on a serious regimen to try to get rid of Lyme's. Working on kidney and liver. No sugar whatsoever. No nuts, chocolate, coffee, or fruit. Stopped in to see Janelle and Micah on way home and pick up berry bushes from Helen. Micah hugged me several times and showed me his treasure box. It was his daddy's and it had money from other countries and a full passport, driver's license, little Stein mug, etc. He was very happy. It was nice to visit with them. He also showed me his swords and medals he won in karate. Talked with Janelle about going to Williamsburg together again. Michael hooked me up with Spotify on the computer and God answered my cry for good worship music. I like the quiet and seldom have noise on but there are times when my mind needs help and I'd like to distract it from negative thinking and think on God and worship Him with other worshippers. Am making several gallons of chicken rice vegetable soup. These are the veggies I am putting in. Spaghetti squash, cabbage, collared greens, spinach, celery, onions, carrots, garlic, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, turnips, lima beans...I think that's it. Phil's home working on paper work and talking out loud to himself while he listens to Phil Keaggy. He was supposed to go to Richmond and be a republican delegate but he just had too much catching up to do and it didn't suit Dr. H. to go either which helped him make his decision to stay home.
Sarah and Alan, a friend of her sister's, came by. Michael took them to the river while Susan finished cleaning her room and bathroom. When they came up they watched a movie. The rodeo they were going to watch was cancelled because of rain. They came in the house, ate some supper, made some popcorn, and are watching another movie. I am reading the latest Jan Karon book I picked up at Goodwill and Phil is watching a teaching DVD on the Civil War.

Sun.-Pentecost Sunday. Holy Spirit Come. Went to Raleigh, NC, with Phil in the afternoon to see his cousin Dennis at the rehab center. Had a two hour visit with him and came back home. I love his mind and the way it works. Through a mishap, he has lost the ability to move his hands. Nerves were damaged. Pray that his nerves grow back quickly and that God will give him healing, grace, strength, and joy. Sarah and Michael are posting very cute pictures on face book. She's a keeper, please Jesus.

No comments: