Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Nov. 16-22, 2015

Mon.-Catching up. Resting. Watching Downton Abbey with Susan. Out to Appomattox for groceries and coffee with a friend.

Tues.-Made some things to get ready for Thanksgiving since I'll be sleeping for a half a day next Tuesday since I'll be going to the dentist which reminds me, I need to get someone to take me. I made mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, and crescent rolls and froze them. I froze the rolls before they rose so that when they thaw, they can rise for baking. I made some cranberry jam. I cooked cranberries and threw in some sugar and then added a pack of cherry jelly and it is so good. I mixed it with cream cheese and have been eating it with crackers. I froze two containers and will use it for the rolls on thanksgiving or for a side. I read this wonderful idea that you should take sour dough bread, spread brie and cranberry jam on it, add turkey slices, and toast it like you would toasted cheese. I am looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving. I also cooked a bag of beets and skinned them. And made two bear roasts. I typed up the notes from Encounter because people were asking for a copy. Phil and Susan went out to the Babcock House for lunch. I didn't see Nathan and Alli yesterday or today but I will tomorrow, Thursday, and Saturday. At least those are our plans.

Wed.-Had a nice morning with Susan and a nice afternoon/eve with Alli and Nathan. I made a Christmas gift for Nathan today. It will be a pillow bed once I get four pillows. I bought material and sewed it in such a way that four pillows can fit into it. It has John Deere tractors all over it and I got it at Joanna in Sarasota, Fl. It was 40% off and the material is nice and soft. The way it showed it online was to sew four pillowcases together. Susan asked if I'd make a really big one using body pillows since she and Philip usually end up on the floor on blankets when we watch movies. Caught up with Lindsay a little today. I could just keep the phone on and talk with her all day if it were possible. Some day, there will be something invented and we'll be able to watch a large screen and see what each other is doing and talk with each other whenever we want. I'll be able to watch her homeschool and she'll be able to watch me watch Downton Abbey. Oh, the joys. I think I will start the Narnia Series again. It must be close to winter. I read it every year. I went out to Lowe's before 8 today and got 3 gallons of paint and 2 of primer so Robert can paint tomorrow. Which makes me realize that maybe Gina and her three boys and Alli and Nathan and I might have to come up with plan B.

Thurs.-Gina and her three boys came over for several hours. Alli and Nathan came over. N didn't know what to do when I held the baby. He was broken hearted. But he did really well all in all and the little boys were nice to him. After N went home the sun came out and we went for a gator ride. I held Lucas, 4 months old, and Gina held her twin 20 month old boys, Wade and Mason. She is such a good mama.

Fri.-Fun morning with Susan. We caught up a little and she made up my eyes and then got ready for her weekend away. I cleaned the house, did wash, and went to Adrienne's home. Ashley and Elizabeth came over and we made cinnamon rolls and donuts. Farmville had it's first tree lighting tonight. Had a great time with these sweet girls who love Jesus and are going places with Him.

Sat.-Jessica came over and I showed her how to make napkin plates. Susan had a good time at the VMI ring ceremony and ball last evening and today she is going to their football game. (AB) Phil and Philip both shot a nice big buck in Illinois and Philip also shot a doe. Michaels been working on cleaning up the man cave.

Sun.-Am enjoying the marriage class with Bob and Muryl. Pastor Bill had a really good sermon on gratitude. I had awaken this morning with the thought, "Entitlement and Gratitude stand miles apart. Each begats their own." Did some shopping after church so I wouldn't have to go out tomorrow. A lot of church people go shopping after church. Susan was here when I got home and we caught up some more and then she went hiking with Jody B. I went over to Alli's and watched the new Cinderella movie which is really very good. Nathan was so precious and sometimes he sat with me. I ordered some Christmas gifts from Alli's new business. (Damsel something or other-I can never think of the quip.) Came home and read some of Brennan Manning's Memoir. Dogs were barking like crazy. Restless night. Nearly full moon.

No comments: