Monday, November 23, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Nov. 23-29, 2015

Mon.-Had a nice morning with Susan. After she went to work, I wrapped Christmas gifts. Guys got home from Illinois this eve. Phil and Philip each shot a big buck and big doe. Freeman didn't see any to shoot but they all seem really happy. Freeman is being given one of the doe for meat. They are on their way to the butcher now. Michael is making the hearts for lunch meat.

Tues.-Dentist and a long nap from 4 in the afternoon until 6 the next morning.

Wed.-Jessica came over. Susan, her, and I, made some desserts, etc. for Thanksgiving tomorrow. \

Thurs.-Big Thanksgiving Dinner at 6. Our meal-Susan's bacon wrapped turkey, orange jello salad, cheesy carrots, and apple fritter cake. Jessica's green bean casserole, gravy, strawberry pretzel dessert, peanut butter pie, shoo fly pie. Alli's sweet potato casserole and Freeman's pumpkin cheese cake. Philip's mac and cheese. Plus, gourmet mashed potatoes, oyster filling, filling, rolls, cranberry jelly, October butter, sweet corn, glazed carrots, seven layer salad, and broccoli salad. We ate in the new addition and set up the food on two card tables. We went around the table and shared what we were thankful for and we also sang a few songs. It was a lovely evening. Nathan entertained us with a dancing.

Fri.-Put up the manger scenes, decorated a centerpiece for the table, had a nice morning with Susan and Jessica, took Nathan for a gator ride, enjoyed a short visit with Alli,  went over to Dianna's and caught up with her and had some of her leftover Thanksgiving dinner and then we went shopping at Belk. Wow, she is a fast shopper and can put things together quickly. Came home and had more leftovers. Lydia B came over and visited with Michael and Jessica. Phil and I watched some Downton Abbey. I'm feeling a little sick in my stomach. (Freeman put some finishing touches in the addition and it was nice to have him around. He makes me laugh and he's very smart. )

Sat.-Phil and I got some greens from O'Briens and I decorated the manger scenes, etc. with evergreens and holly berries. Also put up a dogwood branch tree in a crock with Christmas material inside to hold up the branches and then I hung little red plastic pears on the branches and it is beautiful. Then I went over to Janelle's and watched The Vicar of D-something or other. British Humor. Made soft pretzels with Michael when I got home. He and Jessica were working on something in the dining room and I wasn't allowed in in case I would be able to see what they were doing on the computer.

Sun.-Pastor Alvin and Charity and their family were back and it was so good to see them and be with them. Little Abigale likes the word, "Guh." She smiles. And Hannah helped preach, saying, "Love God. Love People. And love your children and give them lots of food." She came up to me and hugged me and said, "Hello, Miss Annette." I felt so honored that a four year old little preacher girl remembered me. I picked out some toys in the gym for Nathan at the toy give away and then Phil and I had lunch at Macado's with Steve, Dianna, Chris, and Amanda. I put up a little tree and Susan baked a brownie cake that had all kinds of other chocolate inside it. Delicious. We enjoyed some Downton Abbey and Susan went over to Philip's for a Thanksgiving breakfast with some friends.Saw some Banton Christmas photos on face book that were 'flops' but they were winners to me. Maybe sending out the least perfect pictures would be the best of all.

No comments: