Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Nov. 2-8, 2-15

Mon.-Woke up early. Phil took me to Lynchburg Airport. Am spending the week with Naomi at her house in Sarasota. Due to weather, long story short, I missed my connecting flight in NC. Spent 8 hours at the airport but I was able to finish up my session for Encounter. Instead of getting to FL around 11, Naomi picked me up around 7:45 in the evening. I thought of heaven. How we go through all this stuff and then God picks us up and we're at our destination and all of our trials are forgotten because we've finally arrived. Naomi's house is adorable. She is such a great decorator. We each have our own bedroom. I'm going to look at the house next door. It's for sale. Watched my first ever 'Downton Abbey.' Ate muffins and fruit while we watched.

Tues.-Naomi's foot was all bit up from fire ants that attacked her yesterday while she stood innocently on their nest. These are mean buggers. Her foot and ankle are swollen and she's got blisters all over her toes. We went shopping at Target and bought fans, a pillow, sewing tape, etc. Then we went to her cousin Val's shop and ordered the best salad I've ever eaten. We brought it back home with us and watched some more DA. We went to Siesta Key Beach-#1 beach in USA and watched the sunset. I took some beautiful pictures. Then we walked around St. Armand Circle, shopping for jewelry, etc. and then ate at the Cuban restaurant and had another great salad and warm bread and butter.

Wed.-Ate breakfast with DA. Went to a consignment shop, to the beach with an umbrella to shade the sun, went to Yoder's and had fried chicken, potatoes, and salad. Went to the mall and got my ears pierced. We ate Yoder's pb pie and watched more of DA.

Thurs.-Went shopping at Kirklands-Naomi bought a mirror. I got some tractor material to make N a pillow bed. We ate at the Asian restaurant and later had ice cream in Sarasota-hand dipped-coffee and chocolate for Naomi and coconut and white chocolate raspberry for me. We went to a gift shop nearby and it was one of the best. I got Christmas gifts for the girls. Watched more DA after sitting on a beach bench and watching another wonderful sunset.

Fri.-Looked at the house next door. Went to the Beach. Went to Lowes and Target. Had dinner at the mall and watched the new 007 movie. Quite violent. I don't need to see it again.

Sat.-Naomi went to the drive in at Yoder's and got us coffees and sticky buns. Oh my word. We watched more DA and I got packed and Mabe's sister, Sarah, came and she drove us to the airport. I said good bye and they kept on with their day of fixing some things in the house and buying a piece of furniture for 'my' bedroom. Naomi spent the night at Sarah's and flew out of Clearwater the next day. I had uneventful flights and Phil picked me up in Lynchburg and then we went to Golden Corral and Lowe's to get things for the new bathroom. It was great to be in sunny Fl. and it's good to be back home, even though it's cold and rainy.

Sun.-Church. Rest. Freeman came over to shoot his gun and Alli and Nathan came after his nap.

No comments: