Saturday, June 25, 2016

Hertzler Doings~June 13-26, 2016

Writing June 25th.

Quick catch up on some things.

Had a great time at the IF gathering of women around Amy Helton's pool.
Made deviled eggs. Disappeared quickly.

Been spending Wed. mornings with Jess. We went out to be with her and she comes here for breakfast. Made sushi for breakfast this week with her. She posted pictures on face book. People want to learn and Alli offered to host a party. Wouldn't that be fun to do every month or every other month? Other people could teach how to make certain things. Michael's good at spring rolls. Erin could teach Chinese dumplings, etc.

Got a massage and my hip felt so much better. My muscles are so tight that chiropractic measures don't hold. I'm going to keep stretching and get a therapeutic massage once a month if possible. Pec muscles are completely tight. Probably from always having to sleep on left side due to vertigo.

I haven't been able to take any pain meds. I stop breathing. After eating a lot of wheat product I stopped breathing the other night.

Since eating this way-basically no meat, dairy, oil,- I haven't choked. I choked all the time before. Have lost about 10 pounds and have much more energy. I still have much joint and feet pain and think I need to go back to cutting out wheat completely and see how that goes. Susan and I have so much fun making food.

Made quiche and cinnamon rolls for Amanda Carneal's wedding brunch. The girls slept over at Dianna's and she baked the rolls and warmed up the quiche and then called me and they all shouted their thanks.
Amanda and Scotty got married on the 18th on the Rainey lawn. It was hot and windy. The reception was in their open barn. Really nice.

Had a wonderful Father's Day time with Phil. Janelle and Micah came. We shared around the table the things we appreciate about Phil and then, surprising even himself, he asked us all to share with Micah a memory we have of his dad. It was an emotional time. Janelle said later that Micah really liked hearing new stories about his dad. He asks her for them and she has to tell the same stories again. Our kids played a game outside with Micah-volleyball in a circle. They all had things to do in the late afternoon. Phil and I played Apples to Apples with Janelle and Micah. I won. Micah almost did.

Found out that Jim and Debra are going to be grandparents for the first time. (Jordan and Dianah). Michelle is pregnant, Karalee is pregnant, my sister's two daughters are pregnant, my brother Abe's daughter, Kendra, is pregnant...I'm going to be a Great Aunt 3 times on both sides within the next 8 months! I loved my great aunts. I look like one of mine.

Been busy working outside mulching the gardens, weeding, watering, etc. We've gotten some good rain in the past few days. Susan has gotten straw down between all of her rows. She's working so hard. She spends time with her friends when she can and she works hard at home too.

Nathan is becoming his own little man. He knows what he wants and communicates well. We all just love him so much. Freeman is still working nights. He's used to seeing his daddy during the day now.

Had a meat crisis when the freezer door was left open. It lost it's sealing ability. Michael and Freeman helped me out by coming and getting meat. Freeman made some stew and soup and canned it. I canned a roast and 4 quarts of wild turkey. Made a huge pan of meatloaf and froze portions of it and cooked up the trout and froze it in bags for Phil's lunch and made some containers of meals with meat loaf or fish with pasta or rice and peas and corn for Phil's lunch as well.

Tonight we're going to babysit Nathan so his mom and dad can have a date night.

In the news, England voted to leave the EU.
WV is in a state of emergency with flooding and 14 deaths so far.
Trump is gaining favor with evangelicals. Some of them. Dobson says that Trump accepted Jesus.
I read what people write and wonder and think and wait.

Sunday-relaxing day. Spent an hour at the river until the flies started bothering me. Watched Bill W. with Phil-about the man who started AA. Watched some 'Murder She Wrote's' with Phil and Susan.

No comments: