Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Hertzler Doings~June 6-12, 2016

Mon.-Had a good day a home following my schedule of QT, walk, garden, old house, exercise, piano. Washed clothes and worked in my bedroom and got a corner of my desk organized.
Susan went out to Lynchburg to meet a friend for dinner. Had a good time.

Tues.-Phil scraped his car against some heavy equipment as he was backing out his lane. Poor guy. I was shocked to see it and called Phil this morning to see what had happened. Stuck with my schedule this morning. Nathan came in afternoon for a few hours while Alli and Freeman did some cleaning up at her GM's house, emptying a drysink. He is such a sharp little guy. Had gotten ahold of my phone without me knowing and had found the video of himself he wanted to watch and was watching it. You show him or tell him something one time and he gets it. We took several gator rides and he wanted to sit in the seat by himself and then he stood and held on and tried to see if he could balance without holding on. Janelle had given me a playdough set for him and he plays and plays with it. He asked for pop pop so I made him popcorn and he wants me to hold him while it pops. He also is going back and crawling up on the bench and playing the piano. He loves the wheelbarrow Janelle gave him and he tried pushing it through the grass but it got stuck because he wasn't lifting up the handles but when I showed him, he never got it stuck again. Susan went to the gym and then to get groceries and she made some of the food when she got back. We've been eating a plant based diet and I am not nearly as stiff and am starting to trim up a little. I have a long way to go but cutting out dairy, meat, and oils, is really helping.
Jessica is coming for breakfast around 6:40 in the morning and then Janelle and I are running errands in Farmville in the afternoon. Most importantly, we are going car shopping.
Then, Thursday, Alli, Nathan, and I, are meeting Lori K. and we're going to meet Bethany and Caed at Amazement Square. It's Lori's birthday. We're going to have lunch back at Bethany's.

Wed.-Janelle brought a Prius home to try it out. Kenny Spencer is a good sales man.

Thurs.-Had a great time at Amazement Square. Need to take Nathan back and let him play as long as he'd like in each area. His attention span is unusual for any age. Went back to Bethany's and visited. Sweet time. Lori will be moving before long and I am sad about that. Janelle bought the Prius.

Fri.-Today's highlight: Nathan spent the night! He slept in our bed with me and Phil slept in the guest room. He did really well. Claire came and the girls had fun on the pond in the boat.

Sat.-Nathan woke up cheerful. We took him to Freeman and Alli's around 8 and the whole family was there for a pancake breakfast. Claire too. It was really nice. We're going to aim to do this once a month. The girls watered plants and spent time at the river. I'm transplanting herbs and cleaning our bedroom and house. It's supposed to be in the 90's today. Phil and I went out to Farmville to go to Lowes, pick up a movie, and pick up take out. How much fun was that?!

No comments: