Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Hertzler Doings~May 30-June 5, 2016

Another week gone by without me writing. How quickly I can lose a habit!
So what even happened ?
Well, I found out I am going to be a great aunt again! At least four times in the next year I will have that privilege.
We got lots of little quail and I stayed home from a quick trip to Pa (for Phil and Susan) so I could stir them up and try to keep them from squishing each other. We lost quite a few but still have just as many but it was sad to see their little stiff forms under the pile of clueless other balls of fluff.
Phil and Susan took in a greenhouse, stopped in to see the Horans, Mostellers, and I was thinking someone else. Susie, his cousin, was in from Kansas with her new husband, Lee. Her first husband, Danny, had passed away with cancer over ten years ago, I think.
They had a great time with the family and Jonathan had to be told to let Susan go when it was time for them to leave.
Earlier in the week, Susan had planted 150 sweet potato plants and more peppers, tomatoes, and squash plants.
Philip went catfishing with Tommy T.

Earlier in the week I went out to have breakfast with Jessica and her neighbor, Miss Pearlie. That was such a treat. Oh, the same day, Janelle showed me how to hook up with a card company online. I posted pictures and wrote words and the company rejected all six. Janelle couldn't believe it. Told me to try again the next morning and get another person but I've run out of time. Busy with the outside, old house, and trying to declutter my bedroom.
Got my own sermon on Sunday. Live TODAY. LIVE today. So good.

I stayed home from church to take care of the quail and also missed a bridal shower but I had been overly tired all weekend and I just rested most of the days. Found out Janelle felt the same way and we both were comforted by that.

Betty G. came over Sunday eve. and we had a nice time visiting for several hours and Phil and Susan got home and he had someone with whom to talk politics. They both think about things a lot. I try to avoid thinking about things that scare me.








No comments: