Friday, March 5, 2010

Hertzler Doings-Mar 1-7, 2010

Mon-Home, working on budget-I love it!-wash-cleaning up.

Tues.- Met Lisa H. at Baine's for another good deep time of fellowship. She kept the tab open as her treat. She said she's always wanted to say, "Keep the tab open." I think it made us both feel rather grown up. Played 'Freeze Dance' with the 8-12 graders-something I normally do with the younger children. I play music and they move to it and freeze when I stop the music.

Wed.-Awake until about 3:30 this morning. "Safety Nets" are weighing heavily on me. I keep praying, asking God to put them in place. Phil and Philip left for Fla. to hunt wild boar with Bob W. at 3 this morn. Alli and Freeman went to the Babcock House in the eve. to celebrate their first year anniversary together. They went there on their first date a year ago. Didn't go to church in eve. Bushed. Watched American Idol with Alli and Freeman.

Thurs.-Happy 13th Birthday Susan! No snow this time around. We went into the hospital during a snow storm on the 3rd of March. All labor stopped when I got there but the doctor refused to let me go home in the storm. I had her the next day. She was always beautiful.
Michael home with sore throat, sinus congestion, and the tiredness of leftover mono.
Went to Farmville to run some errands. Met Candi for lunch at Mercks. Went to Lindsay's for a meeting with other women to plan events for the church women. Had Lindsay take a picture of me. She e-mailed it to me, and I e-mailed it to Angela, my health insurance consultant, when I got home. She called immediately and said how great I looked. She said I should get my paper work in. I felt guilty because I was eating pizza when she called. Good thing the phone doesn't have a camera. Hope to graduate this Sunday/Monday from the program. Philip called and said Phil shot a 250 pound wild boar. He sent the picture. This pig looks like a huge bear. It is longer than Phil strung up. He's bringing it home in coolers. Getting a sore throat. Susan signed up with Face book since she is now 13. Makes her so happy.

Fri.-Michael home again. Feeling a bit better but just laying around. Slept on easy chair last night since the exhaust fumes from the heater out in the barn (drying drywall) is deadly. Catching up on blogging and facebook and getting ready for Susan's party tomorrow. Throat getting better. Freeman packing and doing wash to get ready for his trip to Ireland. All his support money came in to the dollar. Phil shot another boar-175 lb. Alli and Freeman went to see Alice in Wonderland. (Allison Wonderland)
Susan and I watched 'The Silver Chair' and Michael went to work. Went to bed early. Slept 7 hours straight and then two more!

Sat.-Cleaned house. Freeman flying to Ireland today with Chi Alpha group. Susan cooked up pizza toppings. Went to Farmville and picked up Kelly G., Kelli S., Cassidy, and Sara. Took them shopping at Dollar Tree and Walmart. They bought big glasses at Dollar Tree and wore them into Walmart. Brought them back home and they took their things to the camper and went to the creek. Made their own homemade pizzas and acted crazy with silly string, water balloons and a prank phone call to a poor guy. Making Chex Mix for movie time. Kelli and Sara are leaving around 7 after they have some of Susan's birthday cake. Three brownie layers with Snickers and Reeses Peanut Butter Cup ice cream covered with Cool Whip. The Streams-PR, Lisa, and Alli, came to pick up Kelli and Sara. It's interesting- life. Every day, I learn something new, and everyday, there are more people to love. Who would have ever thought that the first person to greet Freeman(and the rest of our family) when we first came to New Life would be his future father-in-law? After that first day, Freeman said, "I don't know where you guys are going to church, but I know where I'm going." Cassidy, Susan, and Kelly watched a movie and then spent the night in the camper. Lindsay sent me a picture entitled 'Mine and Yours' or 'Yours and Mine.' It was a picture of my Freeman and her Adi hugging each other hard. So sweet.

Sun.-It was a cold night for the girls because Susan couldn't figure out how to get the heater working and they were too scared to come in the house in the dark. They got to sleep around 3 and woke up soon after 6. I made baked oatmeal with raspberries, blueberries, and black berries in it for breakfast. Good service at church. Anna came home here with Philip and Michael and Dan came later and they were playing video games in their room on this beautiful sunny day. Susan caught newts for her science class, I went to my cottage and read for awhile, and Phil slept. He is worn out from driving to Fla on Tues. and driving back on Sat. and hunting boar and preparing a bid for a job in the time between. Gil had a message on e-mail this morning that the team had arrived safely in Ireland. Judy didn't get to church to weigh me etc. so we're meeting at Charlie's parking lot tomorrow at 11 and she'll take my vitals before she treats me for lunch. We are celebrating her57th birthday and she wants to treat me to lunch since 'this is what makes her happy.' (Note to self-Achey and tired, joints sore. Wondering if Lymnes is acting up. Even the bump on my head where I got stitches when I was 16 is sore. Should stay off of corn for a week and see if that helps. Popcorn, my favorite, seems to give my joints pain.) Financial Peace class this eve. Taking Anna back to town with us. Busy Busy week ahead.

No comments: