Monday, March 15, 2010

Hertzler Doings-Mar. 15-21, 2010

Mon.-Went to school to clean my room and get ready for preschool visitors. The visitors cancelled but I was relieved because my room was messier than I remembered. We are having a tornado drill tomorrow.Guys were pouring concrete when I got home. Freeman butchered the pork today after it has ripened in the coolers for over a week. He smoked some pork and saturated it with sauerkraut and I made mashed potatoes to go with it.


Tues.-Ceiling painted and lights are up in the rec room. I think this would be a great place to have the food for the pig roast. Less flies. Great day at school. A group of preschoolers from a preschool program came to visit and I had them in music for about 15 min. along with the kindergartners from our school. I am passing Janelle's book around at school. She has put words to her sorrow in her book, 'Seasons of Solace.' Those who haven't been able to write their sorrow are brought along through sorrow by the pathway of her words.
Ordered Susan's bridesmaid dress today to Alli's relief. Freeman is all congested and ears are uncomfortable since his trip to Ireland.
On the way home from school today, Susan and I stopped at Kroger's. Michael's math teacher- was there and I had a sudden urge to scare her. I snuck up behind her cart just as someone else was trying to get around her with their cart. In a loud obnoxious authoritative voice I said, "Ma'am, will you please move your cart!" I really did scare her. She told Michael the next day that her heart was still pounding hard as she drove home. Michael told her that he was working that same day at Kroger. He was loading up milk into the refrigerator from the back room and had the sudden urge to grab someone's hand as they reached in for the milk. He had the common sense to realize that it should be someone he knows. Just about that time, the headmistress of our school, came along to get some milk. He decided he shouldn't do that to her. Maybe he was afraid that it would affect his grades. She later said that if he had done that, she would have dropped the milk and screamed. Michael said "Well at least you know where I get it."

Wed.-Great day at school today. Mrs. J. came down to the class to see what large group was singing. It was 5 second graders. It was St. Patty's Day so everyone thought that is why I wore green. I didn't know what day it was. I enjoy being at school but my house needs some attention. Went to Farmville this eve. and took Michael and Susan to youth group and met Missi, Julie, and Nanette at Appleby's.

Thurs.-Went out to school to teach some music class to visiting preschoolers but their teachers forgot to bring them. Typed up Recitatio Information instead. Met Lori K. for lunch at the Chinese Restaurant. We talked for 2 1/2 hours. Decided to go wedding dress shopping together in a few weeks. Her son is getting married the week after Freeman and Alli's wedding. Went out to Farmville and talked with Carol about family with fire. Everything is coming together for them. Michael went with High Schoolers, Reeves, and the Hublers to Yorktown for today and tomorrow. Progress continues to be made in the new rec room. Panels are being stained. Left car at Davis Pontiac. Phil met me there and brought me home. Car needs some work. Watched 'Joe and the Volcano' with Phil and Susan. Fun movie.

Fri.-Worked around house getting ready for company this weekend. Freeman took me to car dealers to get car. I had to wait awhile and when I went to pay, the man kept looking at my neckline. I kept trying to discreetly bring my shirt together at the top. When I went out to the car I looked in the mirror. To my horror, I saw a string with what looked like spider webby things attached to my chin. It looked like chin hairs twisted together and dangled down for a good 5 inches. I do not know what that poor man was thinking. On top of that, my hair had been wet when we left and Freeman left the windows down. I looked like a wild woman-hair all over the place. I am still embarrassed. I don't know why I am even sharing this here except that I think it will make Lindsay laugh. Went to Walmart and came home.

Sat.-Cleaned house and made tortilla mixture, baked corn, and beef stew. Janelle got here shortly before 2. Phil and Susan took her to look at houses Phil built in her price range. They looked at her property also to see where to build the house. Alli and Freeman came here while I was vacuuming and Freeman scared the livin' daylights out of me without even trying. Alli had taken her test today and then they went out to eat and to Target to register items for wedding gift ideas. After Janelle, Phil, and Susan came back, we watched Mr Bean. It was crazy funny. We ate beef stew and corn and cole slaw while we watched. Freeman showed Ireland pictures since we are in a movie mode and tired out. Had a long talk with Mom today when everyone was gone. I needed that. Watched Julie/Julia movie with Janelle and Susan and ate popcorn. 5th viewing. Gil says that I AM Julie Child. Not sure what I think about that.

Sunday-Church. Left quickly to get back to house. Ralph and Sheila Petersheim came with their children, Dan, David, Holly, and Hope. Had lunch together and spent the afternoon talking and walking. Phil completely forgot about the first dress rehearsal.

No comments: