Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Anointing

Someone sent me this statement via email this week,
and I am putting it down so I can reread it and understand it better.
I am not sure where it is from but if I find out more,
I will add to this post.

America's Second Great Awakening:

The best way I have been able to describe
the anointing, therefore,
is that it is when our gift functions easily.

It comes with ease.
It seems natural.

No "working it up" is needed.
It is either there, or it isn't.
If we have to "work it up,"
we have probably gone outside our anointing.

If we go outside our anointing
the result is often fatigue-
weariness or spiritual lethargy
that has been described as
"dying inside."

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

it came from a book entitled, The Anointing by R. Kendal. ( I will double check the spelling of his name, but I think that is close!)

Annie said...

Thanks Lindsay. Do you have that book?