Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hertzler Doings-June 7-14, 2010

Mon.-Woke up early (4:00) with thoughts about PR's sermon. We are not to return to Egypt but there is a returning that is good and I looked up the verses on 'former', 'remember', and 'return.' We are to raise up the 'former' desolations. (rebuild the shelters) Remember the former things-the ways God worked and His wonders; Restore the scroll-rewrite the words that were burned(return to the Word of God) and Return to God. Remember where we have fallen from. Do the former things that went along with our first love.

So we return and restore the good things. What are the old ways, the former things, that are a returning to the Lord? What would happen if families, schools, church's, societies, returned to the Lord and remembered His ways? What if we got completely out of Egypt and completely into the Promised Land?
Cleaned up some of the Pig roast room. Put the gazelle out at end of lane with free sign and it was gone after we got back from picking up computer in App.
Susan and I began to 'take back the land' today with our health. We ate well and exercised.

Happy Anniversary to my parents today!

Tues.-Susan at Janelle's, prepping yard for grass seed with Ray and Tommy. 8-12:00. Phil and Freeman fixing a roof at the Abbey in Richmond. Philip on other crew and Michael driving home from Pa. He spent some time with Mother before the grad and hung out with Logan most of yesterday. His parents left him take off school to do so. He went to Shady Maple with his cousins and was rather full when I talked to him. Katrina saw him there. I spent the morning on the computer. So much correspondence to take care of.
Betty called and Kelly's ankle is healed! She has had a miracle! Thank you Jesus!
Alice needs one too, and grace and peace as well. Please Jesus.

Wed.-Cleaned grill porch and worked about an hour in the pig roast room. So dusty from the work in the other room. Went to Michael's Vertical Edge Graduation ceremony in eve. at New Life. Blues Brother video made with Steve and PJ and the video mixed with reality and they brought in a brief case with their treasure-Dr. Suess's 'Oh, the Places You'll Go' book. Adina read it well. Pastor Alvin preached a mighty fine sermon about our spiritual and physical journeys and as I look back through the things he said about David, the children of Israel, Esther, and Paul, I see that the bottom line reason for all of our journeys is to get to know Jesus and learn to know the voice of God. He encouraged us to write down our journey so we will remember the lessons God has taught us. He reminded us that the love of Christ is for everyone and that wherever we go we are called to be a minister of the gospel and of the love of God.

Thurs.-Picked Lindsay and girls up around 9 and we went to Richmond to shop and return some inferior furniture. We had a nice time at Short Pump Mall. Adi had a bit of an accident while we were eating and I walked/ran to the car to get Lindsay's diaper bag. I need to get in shape! It was great to be with Susan too. She was so pleased to sit between the girls in the back where they told her repeatedly how much they love her. She bought two t-shirts at the Christian t-shirt store and the lady prayed with her before she left. They pray with every customer. Came back to Farmville and Susan and I continued shopping but found nothing at Roses and Cato. For some reason, I think I need a nice shirt for the pig roast, but that is silly and a t-shirt will suffice I am sure. Came home and called Phil to give him a phone message. Laid down to rest after he told me he'd be home in an hour and a half and in a few min. I heard his voice. I had fallen asleep! Watched a monk episode in eve. Tomorrow, I'll get more done. Very nice sweet day.

Fri.-Lindsay called and said that Emma had thrown up all night and was concerned about our health. I think it must have been something she ate because we are fine. Both Susan and I walked out the lane and back for our exercise. Ate 10 grain cooked cereal for breakfast and later, Susan made us eggs with yellow squash. She is such a good cook. I worked 30 min. in the old house with a mask on and it still affects my lungs. Half hour a day or every other day seems to be what I can keep ahead of health wise. But it is amazing what you can do in 15-30 min. a day and when the pig roast is over, I want to work over their 30 min. every other day and get rid of alot of things and organize the rest. I am not getting any younger and it bothers me to have all that clutter.

We went to Cut-Ups in Appomattox for my hair cut and ran some other errands. I bought Michael and Phil several pairs of jeans at Salvation Army. We saw Mitch and Mickey at Kroger. Mitch gave me a huge hug in the produce section and my glasses were squashed against him. When he let me go he said, "That was good." And I said, "Yes, it was." Mitch is nearly 40. He is my neighbor. He is a genius in some areas. And he is the sweetest down-syndrome fellow I've ever met.

Came home and made alot of taco salad meat with beans. We had taco salad/tortillas for supper. I am thinking of having that for the rehearsal dinner. I just can't make up my mind. I also made a lasagne for tomorrow and boiled some potatoes for them to slice with their eggs for breakfast. There is a crockpot full of venison tenderloins stewing in the crockpot overnight. That will be great for sandwiches. I have about 4 tomatoes, very big ones, almost ready in the garden. Venison tomato sandwiches for the weekend. I want to be able to work hard tomorrow without stopping to make meals.

Philip is home. He's gone during the week right now. He and Michael laid on the floor during our family meeting about pr (Pig Roast) and they have to tickle each other and play around since they missed each other so much.

Mother's cataract surgery went well and she has 20/20 vision. Karen and Abby discovered the note Michael wrote on the back of his grad card and she liked it very much. She said that every grandmother in the world would be jealous if they read that card.

Sat.-Family meeting regarding pig roast. List revised and everyone to work. I finished the pig roast room as good as it is going to get. Everyone working hard. We are not as stressed about it this year as other years. Perhaps we're getting the knack of it.

Sun.-Church. To Nottoway in the afternoon with Susan, Lydia, and Karen to take the girl's to camp until Wed. Popcorn and movies in late afternoon/eve. Gil in hospital this morning due to dehydration. He had same virus as Emma had Thurs. eve.

No comments: