Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thirty-Six

For the past few days,
I've been planted in the Psalms.
As I read Psalm 36:7-11,
it became a prayer for our church.
Perhaps you could pray it for your church as well,
and for Christ's body everywhere.
The words in parenthesis,
are the words that came to me
as I prayed the psalmist words.
I continue to pray this prayer,
knowing that God will answer,
for it His church, His bride,
and His covenant with us.



"How precious is Your lovingkindness O God!
(Help us to be aware of Your love.)

Therefore the children of men
put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
(Build trust, safety, and friendship under Your wings.)

They are abundantly satisfied
with the fullness of Your house,
(Feed us with Your Word to overflowing
and may the gifts You've given to the body
be used in all their fullness.)

And you give them drink
from the river of Your pleasures.
(May our worship be refreshing to You
and to us as well.)

For with You is the fountain of life,
In Your light we see light.
(May we walk in the light as You are in the light,
and truly fellowship with one another.)

Oh, continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You,
(May we experience the favor and mercy of God.)

And Your righteousness
to the upright in heart.
(May our godliness be free from hypocrisy.)

Let not the foot of pride come against me,
(Help us be humble and protect us from the
pride of man.)

And let not the hand of the wicked
drive me away.
(Keep us from the fear of man.
Let no one be driven away.)

Amen and Amen.
I love watching God answer this prayer.

No comments: