Saturday, February 23, 2013

Abortion Kills More Than Guns

This is a letter to the editor of the Farmville Herald-
a local newspaper in our area.

It is written by a friend of ours and an elder of our church.

I asked if I could copy it here and also share it on face book.
He said, "Yes."
A big thanks to Doyne Simpson.

Editor, The Herald:

     I am writing in response to the woman's letter titled "Abortion and Gun Rights Contradiction" published in the February 8 issue of The Farmville Herald.  The contradictions by animal rights activists and those activists in favor of abortion have always amazed me.  Animal rights activists will fight to save an owl or a rat, etc. and in the same breath will also argue that banning guns will keep people from killing other people and that children and schools will be safe.  It's sad to me that the most dangerous place for a child to be is in his mother's womb.  More children die every day by abortion than by guns or illness.  But we don't like to talk about that.  You never hear on the news the awful death these children experience.  You argue that we should ban guns.  I argue we should ban saline injections and forceps.  If our forefathers had know this would occur, they would have written laws to protect the unborn in our Constitution.  They could never have imagined a world in which people would consider aborting a human baby.  Hitler, on the other hand, would have loved it.

     I really appreciate and enjoy each issue of The Farmville Herald.  I read these letters from Liberals all the time and wanted to respond with my own letter.  We have been quiet too long and looks what's happened to the country we love.

Doyne Simpson

No comments: