Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Book Adventure

I have been posting writings from my blog on face book.
These are writings from the past 4 1/2 years.
I am observing responses and numbers.
I am recording what I observe.

Every time I post a blog, I print it out
and slip it in a sheet protector and put it in order
in a big 1 1/2 inch lavender three-ring notebook.

I am making my own book.

Last spring, I won a devotional contest with Zondervan.
My writing on 1 Corinthians 13 will be in their new
Mom's NIV Devotional Bible this spring.

A contact person from Zondervan e-mailed me
and asked if I would be willing to do some radio
interviews/advertising about writing the devotional.
I asked her a few questions and she said she would get back
to me but that it might be awhile because they were lining up
time slots with radio stations.

This opportunity inspired me to put my writings out there
for others to see. I've always felt shy about posting things
I've written as a status on face book, but I don't feel as shy anymore.

It helps when people make comments or click that they
'like' what I wrote.
I am trying not to be so needy in this area but I still am.

I realize that the things I've written are like the mina's or talents
that God has given me.
I shouldn't bury them or even bank them.
I should invest them and let them bring in a harvest for God.
He should benefit from the gifts He's given me.
Other's should benefit from the gifts He's given me.

He is the giver; the Investor.

He is the chaff blower.
He blows away the chaff in my writing
and hopefully, people will benefit from the gold that is left.

Hopefully, as they see the chaff and the weakness,
it will help them not be afraid to be human.
Hopefully, they will use their gifts more too,
when they see me using mine,
even though I am afraid.

It's like having people over when your house is not perfect.
They see your house with it's dust and living
and they say to themselves,
"I can do this too, as long as I don't have to have things perfect.
They do it imperfectly. I can do it imperfectly too."

And together, we give what little minas we have,
and Jesus says, "Look at them. They've given their whole livelihood."

I don't know if I'll ever have a real book printed
or an e-book available.

But, I like my lavender one on my desk.
Phil likes it too.
He likes me to read my stories to him.

And that means more to me than anything else.

No comments: