Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Life's Sunday Sermon-Dec. 27, 2009

My friend, Lindsay, took notes on Sunday and sent them to me and said, "Yes" when I asked if I could blog them. Since I wasn't there, I will pretty much just write what she wrote. Thank you, Lindsay.

Pastor Rob preached today from 11 Kings 4:8-37 and 11 Kings 8:1-7.
Sermon Title-"Am I Ready?"

There was a nameless woman; a Shuni.
She built Elisha a room and he tells her she'll have a son.

(Just a thought. Perhaps you should read the scriptures first...)

The first thing the woman did was position herself to hear from God.
She recognizes the man of God and associated herself with the godly.

Law of magnetism: the way you are is what you will attract.

Does God have a room in my life?
Have we given Him the best room and place He deserves so we can hear more from God?
The Shuni woman positioned herself to hear from God.

"Pastor Frank should be in NASCAR."
(I'm not sure what that was about but she wrote it so I did too. ah)

She had a mind to bless.
When your wife has a mind, just say yes!
Correction-When you wife wants to bless, say yes! Thanks Lindsay!

11 Kings 4:30, she was tenacious/dogged with her pursuit for godliness, understanding, and learning.

Abe Lincoln was a tenacious dude.
Most people forget that failure is a good thing-it tells us what not to do.

She was obedient in the face of sacrifice.
Are we willing to pay the price for personal growth?
She obeyed immediately.
She got her house in order.

The result of all of this?
God protected and elevated her.
His timing was perfect.

God gave her a legacy.

The battle goes to the determined; not the dramatic.
So what?
If you want to be a part of what God is doing, then get ready.

"My prayer is that I wouldn't be a big splash, but that I'd raise the water level."
Mark Briley

If you want to read some very good writings by Pastor Rob, check out his blogsite-www. prstream.blogspot.com . He is a good teacher with a great imagination and brings the scriptures to life.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

One minor change... instead of "when your wife has a mind, just say yes" it should say "when your wife wants to bless, just say yes." Hahaa