Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lifting up my soul

Psalm 25~"To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul."

How quickly we lift up our soul to another
instead of lifting it up to the lover of our souls.

Our soul is comprised of our mind,
our will, and our emotions.

We lift up our souls to others
and they ignore us
or praise us
and our whole life is affected by what
they do with our soul.

But what if
we lifted up our soul
to God?

What if we looked for His smile of approval
and His motivation for life?

What if our mind, will, and emotions
were more affected by Him
than by anyone or anything else?

I think we'd be a lot healthier and happier
and I think God would be glad that we weren't
lifting up our soul to another god.~~~

"To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in You.
Let me not be ashamed.
Let not my enemies triumph over me.
Show me Your ways.
Teach me Your paths.
My eyes are ever towards You, LORD.
I lift up my soul unto You."

No comments: