Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Phil's Letter to the Editor

Last week, Phil's letter to the editor was in the Times-Virginian paper. I want to record it for posterity's sake and also, because I thought it was a very good letter and that it said what we wanted to say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One month has passed since our garage burned to the ground. Every day I remember the rapid response of the volunteer firefighters from Pamplin, Prospect, and Appomattox who were at the farm in a matter of minutes to extinguish the blaze.

Each one seemed to know what to do without getting in each other's way, and stayed until the buildings and surrounding woods were safe and free from smoldering embers.

As they were wrapping up their equipment and leaving, I didn't get to thank each one personally for giving their time, but their attitude was best expressed by Will Hix who said "We're here for you."

So to each one of the volunteer firemen who helped put out the fire, my family and I want to say thank you.

You served your community well the day before Thanksgiving, and gave us much to be thankful for."

No comments: