Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Thoughts

The other day I was driving home from somewhere and started having spring thoughts so I was jotting them down as I drove and when I reached our lane, I stopped the car and wrote some more. As I was sitting there, I saw a flock of turkeys, and Mr. Tom himself crossed over to the females and showed off his glorious tail. Maybe the hens weren't impressed but I sure was. These are the words sprawled over my tablet.

Forsythias-Burst of bright yellow in a barren land-
Sunshine one can hold


Hyacinths-Lush lavender loveliness overwhelmed
by passionate purple perfume


New life-Newborn calves exploring the fallacy that 'the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence' and finding it quite lonely once there

Bluebells-a promise of Heaven on earth's humble soil-
Bowing Blue Droopiness soothes my eyes
and fills my soul

Happy Swooping Song Birds exchanging news and asking each other with delight, "How was your winter? Aren't you glad it's spring?"

Do you have any thoughts about spring you'd like to share? What do you love best?

3 comments:

Shanda said...

I love opening all my doors and having the breeze flow through my house. I love longer days. And I loved taking my dog for a walk today and the fact that now she smells like wild flowers.

Funny Mom said...

One of the things that I like best is how I get to read your insights and be able to draw from your wonderful words to form my own pictures =o) love ya

Shanda said...

I love tortoises coming out of hybernation and opening my windows and doors to have the fresh breeze fill my home. I love dog walks and sitting outside at cafes.