Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Strengthen what Remains

I have been thinking 'topically' lately, when it comes to themes in the Bible. I want to post verses on these themes in such a way that they can be printed out and slipped into a plastic sheet cover and hung on the wall. These are areas of my life that need strengthening and reassuring. I absorb these words from the inside out, with the life of God living in me, rather than outside in, like a set of rules to 'make me righteous.' Today, I am wanting to be careful with my words, for much is entrusted to me, and I want to honor the trust and not be a part of any kind of destruction. No one is perfect in regards to the tongue. Most of my regrets in life are because of things I said or did not say. And so I am hiding these verses about 'words' in my heart, that I might not sin against Him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Words of My Mouth

Psalm 141:3~"Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips."

Proverbs 18:4~"The words of a man's mouth are deep waters;
The wellspring of wisdom is a flowing brook."

Proverbs 2:23~"Whoever guards his mouth and tongue
Keeps his soul from troubles."

Proverbs 31:26~"She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness."

Isaiah 41:6~"Everyone helped his neighbor,
And said to his brother,
"Be of good courage!"

Isaiah 50:4~"The Lord GOD has given Me
the tongue of the learned,
That I should know how to speak
A word in season to him who is weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
He awakens my ear to hear as the learned."

Hosea 14:2~"Take words with you, and return to the LORD.
Say to Him, 'Take away all iniquity;
Receive us graciously,
For we will offer the sacrifices of our lips.'"

Matthew 12:34b-37~"...For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Colossians 34:3-5~"...pray for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains, that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time."

1 Timothy 4:12~"...be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

No comments: