Monday, May 21, 2012

Hertzler Doings~May 21-27, 2012

Mon.-Ps. 9:9,10-"The LORD also will be refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You' For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You."
Happy Birthday, dear youngest brother, David. The name 'David' means 'beloved of God' and he is. He is also kind, smart, handsome, and funny.
Alli came over today to walk, and then we girls watched 'Thor' before she returned it to its' red box. Very good movie. I wanted to watch it again right away. Felt like a truck ran over me most of the day. It seems like everything is catching up to me, physically and emotionally, and I don't feel caught up spiritually. I am glad my life is based on God's work and not mine. He can catch me up to Himself immediately, because He is always with me. Worked in garden, old house, and bedroom. Made brown rice and turkey bacon with salad for supper. Sang Happy Birthday to David at supper. I took Susan to Helen's earlier, so she could catch a ride with them to the ballgame. She took Lucy with her. Helen brought her home after ten.

Tues.-Alli and I went to Dr. F. 'Compartmentilization Syndrome' is the diagnosis for A.'s arm. She came back here and took aspirin and put some apple cider vinegar on the bruised area and ice and we watched the movie, "Radio." Excellent movie. So exhausted all day. Waiting to hear. Made rabbit in crock pot. Abbey sent home bags of leftover meatballs and chicken wings leftover from a conference. Guys weren't hungry for supper. Leftovers for tomorrow-if anyone can actually eat rabbit. Some friends had traded us rabbit for some straw last year. I'm working on emptying out the freezers. Stormy evening. Fell asleep with my head down where my feet should be as I watched the storm.

Wed.- "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Jesus in John 14:18,27. Mom's and More. Emotional morning. Changes. Change is permanent. Got groceries. Susan made us lunch and studied Economics while I was gone. Going back out to Wally's World and youth group later. Went to Dianna's class on James. Very good.

Thurs.-Happy Birthday, brother Abe! 61 years young today. What a great man. Truly one of the greats. Smart, compassionate, objective, wise, fun. His grandkids are so lucky and his children and wife are blessed. He has done so much for our whole family. Mother always said, "What would we do without him?" And besides what he does for us, he serves on the Millersville University Board, and on other boards, and is the most humble man I know. Thank you for being my brother, Abie. Hope you heard our song on your phone.
Susan and I made dixie cup popsicles for about 2 hours this morning. Caramel coffee fudge, fudge, orange juice/yogurt/honey/banana, honey/strawberry/vanilla yogurt, watermelon strawberry/peach mango, vanilla pudding strawberry, mixed berry yogurt. I'll write up some recipes later. It takes awhile to eat them and they are so satisfying. I went to Teresa's for a tea party around lunch for my birthday. Danielle and her sister, Dawn, along with Teresa, gave me this party. It was lovely. We had cucumber sandwiches, fresh salad from Danielle's garden, fresh fruit salad, chocolate chunk scones, iced chai tea with whipped cream, and great conversation. I love these ladies. I took a wrong turn out of Teresa's main road and it took an extra 20 min. to get to Appomattox. Went to Peebles and Krogers and home again. Alli's arm is doing better. Phil went to Pottstown today to look at a roof. Stopped in to see Mahlon, Bill H., and had lunch with Mom, Dad, Jim, and Joe. He left at 4 this morning and got home after 9. He missed stopping in to see my mother. Michael was playing his guitar on the porch. The song he is working on sounds better and better. I miss having him around. He started working for Phil full-time.

Friday-Sunday->highlights-Susan finished school for the year. Michael made us Sat. breakfast of sausage, potatoes, and eggs. Mast boys, Jordan, Philip, and Michael here Sunday afternoon; watching a movie and going fishing. Philip and Susan when with the Loy siblings to see a movie in Lynchburg. Phil and I went down to the river with Tom, Helen, Michelle, Serena, Abby, and their new friend, Miriam. (I am in a writing slump because I am in a reading slump.Also, I think the new puppy has something to do with it. It's like having a new baby and it takes a lot of extra time to take care of her and love her. Susan says that she already respected our parenting but she respects us even more now that she has a puppy. It's so much work and hard to be consistent, etc. She said she is going to get a puppy for each of her children when they are about her age so they can learn responsible parenting. Plus, I am really missing my mother. And I keep thinking I'm going to call her and tell her something or ask her something. Anyway, some day, I'll write again.)

No comments: