Monday, May 28, 2012

Hertzler Doings~May 28-June 3, 2012

Mon.-Memorial Day. Guys went to the Abbey for half the day. Michael fixed fence and worked around here. Alli came over and washed and vacuumed her car. It looked new. Susan super cleaned her room and did some other jobs. Weeded and planted more seeds in the garden. Also, cleaned up all of the porches. Had at least 8 black garbage bags of trash to throw in back of the old green pick up. Went over to Dawson F.'s grad party and visited with everyone over there, especially Uncle Ed and Aunt Rhoda. Enjoyed Andrew's boxer dog imitation. Came home and ordered volleyball net.

Tues.-Judy came over after seeing the chiropractor. We just love her. She held Lucy like a baby to her face and kissed her neck and Lucy loved it. After she left, Susan and I went to Lynchburg. Penney's, Goodwill, Target-where we met Haley, and bumped into Teri and Mikayla, getting ready for college next year, and then we went to Sam's Club and had pizza for supper. I went shopping while Susan and Haley walked around until Haley had to leave. I bought most of the things we needed for the Pig Roast. Must still get charcoal, lighter fluid, ice, and ice cream. Exhausted. Took Helen's ion machine over. Diane T. called while I was gone and cancelled tomorrow. She's not feeling well. Susan told her I was looking forward to coming but that I was so tired from being out all day and that I would be happy to stay home. I thought that was truthful and diplomatic of her. Cleansing Stream materials arrived. Phil picked them up at the meeting and brought them home. So excited. Still not sleeping well. I don't understand why I can't sleep night after night. I wrote down the things that had happened this year and this month and gave them to God. My worries. I saw a list Lindsay had on face book. It was a list about God. A description of Him. What He has been to her. I think that is a better list to make. The worry list looks like Goliath until you line it up beside the list about God. Then it doesn't look like much of anything. I've been thinking about the sermon alot. My little rock says three words on it. Bigger. 'Badder'. Brighter. God is that in comparison to the Goliaths in our lives. We must remind ourselves of God's victories in the past and how He has brought Good out of evil in every situation. Some situations are pending, but can I trust Him before I see the final outcome? We either walk by faith or walk by sight. It's harder than it looks. But it's easier if you're looking at Lindsay's list. She blogged it in Just Journaling. A blog on my side bar. It's worthy reading and will help.

Wed.-Started back into seriously eating healthy but blew it mid afternoon. And then I kept blowing it. Made friendship bread today from Alli's starter she had given me. I wasn't going to be anywhere to see anybody for the next few days so I actually used up all of the parts I would have shared. Froze alot for some friends and for the pig roast. Phil's on a consulting job for the next few days, showing some builders how to set trusses. I talked with the regional director for Cleansing Stream for awhile today. He's helping us get set up. We've been hoping and waiting and now it seems that we are going through a door that's been opened. All in God's timing and it seems this is the time. Cleansing Stream is one way that God uses to set His children free through the use of Biblical studies/truth and prayer. Our kids seem excited that we are doing this as well. Michael thanked me today for keeping our family as a priority through the years. He said, "I remember when we had a priority list. Family. Farm. Church. I'm glad Dad set that up years ago." I said, "I just found that list." I pulled it out and showed him. It was hidden on the book shelf and resurrected itself when we fixed the air conditioner. It rained beautifully at least 3 times last night. The weeds came out of the garden easily. One could preach on that. When the ground is dry, the weeds break off at ground level and grow again. But when the ground has been watered, the seed is watered also, and the weeds are easy to pull. I took Susan to youth group tonight at Calvary. She takes the Bible that Lindsay gave her when L. left the area. It's a special Bible. Gil gave it to her when they got married. L. wanted to give Susan something that meant alot to herself. She gave her a beautiful ring and her Bible. Gil said she could. Michael and Philip went bow and arrow fish hunting over at HV for a short time this eve. Philip will go pick up Susan later. I hope to hit the sack early and have more energy tomorrow.

Thurs.-Lori K. had me over for lunch and we priced my homeschool books for the curriculum sale on Sat. She's going to watch my table for me because I have other things going on. Thank you Lori! Went to printers to get more pig roast invitations printed up and then to Walmart to get the charcoal, etc. for the pig roast. Vollebyall net came and Philip and Susan have been playing vb. D~called with good news today and we are so relieved but will feel more assured after another scientific test.

Fri.-Nice long catch-up talk with Naomi this morning. Went to deep muscle therapist this afternoon. He has done wonders with my feet and my head-vertigo. Thank you God! Phil was home when I got here. He's been away for a few days on a truss consultant job. Alli stopped in to use the internet and to drop of the Pig Roast invitations that she picked up for me. We had quite a storm in the afternoon. I laid in bed and watched the winds. It looked almost like what I imagine a hurricane to look. I saw on face book that there were tornado warnings in Lancaster, too. Lost power. Went to New Life's graduation in the eve. P Betty preached a sermon I'd like to hear every day of my life until I got it right. So happy that Susan could hear it and all of the other students and parents. Came out of church and it was pouring. Got drenched on the way to car and decided to embrace the inevitable and then I began to enjoy it, though it was rather cold. Went to Sweet Frog and Susan ran in and got us some frozen yogurt. We turned the heat on high. We especially went to see Matt, Amber, Nick, and Amanda graduate. What a class. Power was on when we got back home.

Sat.-The boys made breakfast of sausage and eggs. Phil mowed the fields. Michael worked on his car, weed whacked, rotatilled the garden, etc. Philip worked with his pigs and calf hutches. Susan did lots of odd jobs and focused on going deeper into her bedroom. Got rid of another bag of clothes. I did some wash and really cleaned my desk. Took everything off and sorted through everything. Wow. The only problem with cleaning one corner really well is that you notice the 99 other corners that look awful next to it! Not sure why I feel compelled to clean my house for the Pig Roast, but its something I go through every year, and then, I eventually relax about it. Alli and Freeman stopped over to do some things. Jordan came in the eve. and the guys went cat fishing. We started to watch a Charlie Chapman movie but the phone rang and the movie was so old and scratched it was hard to follow.

Sun.-Michael and Susan went to CC and when it was over, they came to New Life, bringing Jenny L. with them. It was a really good morning and I am reconciling myself to the uncomfortableness of change and the unknown. At the same time, I feel like I need to reassure others that God will take care of us all. I believe that with my whole heart. PFrank and Lisa are moving 'upward' towards more responsibilty to fulfill the calling God has on their lives. Therefore, all of us must move upward towards more responsibility to fulfill the calling God has on our lives. It is time. And it is good, even though it's also sad. And it's good to grieve. Thank God we are grieving and not saying, 'Thank God they are going!' Pastor Frank talked about the wise and foolish man. The common denominators between the two was that they both had a house and they both had a storm. The storm revealed what kind of foundations they had built their houses on. We must dig down deep and build upon the Rock. The Rock is Christ. The wise build their life on Him. The foolish build their house on shifting sand and 'the ruin of their house is great.' Our brains can be like shifting sand. 'A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.' The generations that went before us build a mansion on the solid rock and we are benefiting from their wise building. But we must make wise choices too, and not take anything for granted. Storms come to us all. They don't wait until we are ready or rested. Last week, Pastor Alvin had given us a small stone to symbolize the stone that David used to kill Goliath. I wrote on mine-'God is Bigger, 'Badder', and Brighter than...' It sits on the base of my lamp desk.
Betty picked out a beautiful jasmine plant as an expression of sympathy regarding my mother's passing. I wanted a Jasmine plant because it puts out its greatest fragrance in the evenings. Much like my mother. She always smelled good and in her later years, she got even sweeter. Betty wrote a beautiful message on a lovely card and signed it for the staff. We put it between the girls on the back seat and they could hardly buckle. I don't think Susan did. Picked up my books that were left over from the curriculum sale on Sat. Made $40 and will need to find another place to sell the rest of the books. Made BLT's for lunch and then I went down to the river and read more from Mother's Bible-the words she had underlined. Phil met me on the path and he stepped out from the tree and I screamed. It's not often a man comes out of the shadows in my safe meadow. We drove the gator to another part of the farm and picked some purple stem peppermint tea. Alli and Freeman were here when we got back. They had brought us some movies to watch. We watched 'Bedtime Stories' in between a number of phone calls. Lucy got all excited with the vacuum cleaner when Phil vacuumed up some broken glass from a broken cup. We videotaped it. I'm writing outside on my mother's glass table and sitting on her wicker chair while Michael and Phil are playing the blue's beside me. Lucy is barking and snapping at Phil's tapping foot. A very full moon is rising above the green trees on this Sabbath Rest of a day. The girls are practicing a song they want to sing for the pig roast too. In a few minutes I must run Jenny over to Fisher's to meet her siblings for her ride home.

No comments: