Monday, May 14, 2012

My Sister's Tribute to Our Mother

The following is Rosalee's (my only and older sister) tribute to our mother
shared at Mother's funeral service, April 21, 2012.

Dearest Mother...

Not only have you been an outstanding Mother and Grandmother to all of us,
but for me....
you've also been one of my closest friends...

I cannot possibly comprehend so soon...how sorely I will miss you,
but will take courage
and hold before me the unfailing Hope
that this separation is only temporary...
that we will be together again some day.

I am also so relieved that you no longer must struggle
with that terrible lung disease...
but can breathe freely now, without any effort.

I know you are in the GLORIOUS land,
With the GLORIOUS One-Jesus Himself-the King of kings and Lord of lords
and in the presence of your loving Heavenly Father.

You are with those you loved so much, who have gone before you...
and you will now be able to meet those biblical saints
you so faithfull read about...for so many years-
3 chapters every day, 2 from the Old Testament and 1 from the New.

You will also meet the many great Christians,
whose books you loved to read and mediated on...

I can only imagine your first conversation with C.S.Lewis!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rosalee continued:
On Januaary 1, 2009, I wrote this little "Thank-you" tribute to you:

Dearest Mother!

For your gracious generosity,
THANK-YOU!

For your striving after TRUTH,
THANK-YOU!

For your years of sacrifice and toil,
THANK-YOU!

For your creative mothering,
THANK-YOU!

For your endearing laugh and ways,
THANK-YOU!

For your honest and real humanity,
THANK-YOU!

For your love of all forms of beauty,
THANK-YOU!

For your awe of creation and Creator,
THANK-YOU!

For the MOST WONDERFUL MOTHER OF ALL,
We THANK-YOU!~~~~~~~

Till REUNION DAY, Mother dear....

All our Love,
Abie, Rosalee, Alan, Annette, and David
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's interesting.
Every time I read Rosalee's tribute,
I hear her voice reading it,
as well as the congregation's
tearful response.

No comments: