Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hertzler Doings-Nov. 5-11, 2012

Mon.-Susan and I were measuring our height and a construction duty tape measurer fell on my toe to the right of my big toe, splitting it open and exposing the nail under the skin. Long story short: Went to the doctor. They stitched the nail to the skin after popping it back in. I'm on heavy pain meds. Thankful it didn't happen during a snow storm and that my daughter can drive.

Tues.-Friends helping me with transporting Susan to co-op then to basketball practice. She has a ride from New Life to 460 meeting place. I voted and came back home and slept for 2 1/2 hours. Taking it easy. Not able to focus on reading or writing or typing well. Not in any pain though. Looks like snow.

Wed.-Got up to a quiet house and turned on face book to see who won the election. Obama did. All I could hear in my head was that song, "You know our King won't be riding on a donkey next time." And then I thought of how Jesus rode into Jerusalem, on the back of a donkey, meek and lowly King. And I posted that verse on face book. I wondered if people read it like I read it. That Jesus sits King over donkeys. Over political parties represented by donkeys. He sits on top of and He is King. And perhaps that is how He will come riding into America. Perhaps the donkey and the effects of the donkeys reign will cause people to cry out to Him. Perhaps this disaster will be our salvation. Perhaps He knows how to ride elephants also.

I posted another verse-"He has shown you what is good and what does the Lord require of you. Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God." That is what I know to do. And it's not up to the President anyway. It is up to God's people. Will we humble themselves and pray and seek His face and turn from our wicked ways? For then He will hear from Heaven, forgive our sins, and cleanse and heal our land. I am sobered that so many put their trust in a 'change'. But I am more sobered that so many put their trust in 'no change.' Continued deprivation of the nation's soul. "I will give them what they want," He says. And He did. Sobering.

I stay peaceful with my friends and family who voted differently than I did. But I will always vote life. For the little ones have no voice. And woe to those who cause them offenses. For it would be better to have a millstone tied around their neck and be cast into the sea, than to cause an offense to the little ones. What's more offensive than being aborted?  Human rights must start in the womb.

Heard from my sister. Talked with Janelle. Talked with Judy. Ordered blood work test. Tidied bedroom and bathroom. Made bear/venison meatloaf. Talked with Pastor Chris Hayward-President of Cleansing Stream today. He called here. Humble down to earth man. Did some wash. Cleaned off desk. Rested. Was on face book more than usual. Thinking and trying to hear God. What is He saying in all this?

Thurs.-Sad to the bone. Not that my candidate of choice did not win, but that we, the people, no longer cherish the Word of God and that our love has grown cold.  How else do you explain laws that allow the destruction of a smiling, kicking baby in it's mother's womb when so many childless parent's arms literally ache to hold that very baby?  How else do you explain that marriage is no longer 'male and female created He them?' We are doing away with the sanction of the family. Father. Mother. Baby. Nothing's sacred. Israel's not sacred. And Israel is sacred to God. Marriage between a man and a woman is sacred to God. Babies are sacred to God.  Write Your laws in our hearts, O God. Take Your finger and write on our tablets of stone. Let us hear you and know you and hold you sacred.  And may our awe of Your holiness be stronger than the leeway of laws in our land.

Took  Susan to Kelly's while I went to a meeting. Betty took her to basketball. Went to Walmart and read in the parking lot at church while waiting for Susan. Praying for my sister. Praying for our family. Praying for this country. Praying for the world.

Fri-Sun.-having some internet issues so I'll write this week up. Friday-homeschool and housework day. Went out to New Life in eve. with Susan and Alli for their fall fair. Bought some chicken BBQ. Susan stayed for dance practice while Alli and I went shopping for little girl gift boxes. That was so much fun..to think about what little girls 5-9 years old would like to receive. Watched Susan's soldier dance. She is so good. Picks up moves so fast. Talked with Will and Don today. They're our boys from Chi Alpha.
 Next day, Sat., Alli and I came out to the Women's Retreat. About Ruth and Naomi. Had a great time. Nothing can separate us from His love. Came home and had some time alone before Phil and Susan got home from Rich's where they saw no deer. Philip didn't either.
 Sun.-Nice morning visiting before going to church. Great service. Learned about the tabernacle. Susan and I are reading about that in the OT right now. I love the history lesson along with a present application. So deep and good. Came home and rested. Phil listened to lectures on the Civil War all afternoon. He has been listening for 5-6 hours. He will remember everything. My mind started to wander after 15 min. of it. Susan stayed out for dance practice and will come home with Alli and Freeman. Made sweet potato fries and potato latkesfor supper. Rosalee was anointed with oil today at Weaverland.

No comments: