Monday, September 14, 2009

Hertzler Doings~Sept. 8-13, 2009

Tues.-Taught school. Michael had sore throat in eve. Business meeting at church. My phone went off. Scared the wits out of me. Randy B. said he almost dove under the table. Susan was in the house alone and I decided not to turn it off because of Susan being in the house alone. My ringer is set to some sort of ghetto music. It scares me everytime. I didn't know how to set it to vibrate but Alethea showed me how. "I don't ever want to hear your phone going off in a meeting again," she said with a laugh. Phil's term is up for being on the board.

Wed.-Michael could hardly swallow. Looked at his throat. Awful. Got him to Dr. Tom. He wanted to bet about what it was. " What shall we bet?" Doc asked. "A home-cooked meal," came forth from my mouth. I bet it was strepth. It wasn't. He's coming over for supper in Oct. It was mono. With the good medical flashlight, his throat looked even worse. He had a lump on his neck. We caught it early. He is to do no labor for 6 weeks and go back to school when he is up to it. On heavy pain meds and steroids for a few days.
Met with Sarah in the eve. Going through 'The Intentional Woman' book together.

Thurs.-Went to see Dr. Doreen. She helped us out with nutritional supplements and advice as well as other treatments. I figure we'll hit this mono with the wisdom of both the medical and nutritional field. I am very tired. Throat slightly sore and red. Anemic.

Fri.-Happy 21st Birthday Philip!!!!
Michael sleeps and sleeps. Can't keep his thoughts together. I spent some time at my chapel. It helps me get back to what is important. It helps me see how much time I spend thinking about things that don't matter instead of thinking about Him. The men have been at the Richmond job all week. Sometimes they spend the night at the retreat center there.
9/11-Remembering the sorrow and the horror and the lives of those affected most by the loss of loved ones on that day.

Sat.-Did lots of chores. Susan did some extra cleaning today to make some money. She cleaned three major cupboards. Weeded the cold frame. I want to plant lettuce, spinach, and kale.
Went to Dee's shower at the Streams in the afternoon. Had a great time. Got her a worship CD for babies. Stopped in to see Lindsay on the way home and then to Walmart. Back home I made venison meatloaf for Sun. meal and watched 'Mystery Woman' with Susan and Phil.

Sun.-Church. Philip stayed home with Michael to keep him company. I held Adi in church. She wasn't feeling well. Sat so nicely on my lap even after she woke up. After awhile, a familiar warm wetness filled my lap. I held her out gingerly in front of me and met Lindsay in the back and tried to wipe off my pants with water-soaked towels from the bathroom. Lindsay's, "Sorry," always makes me laugh. When I came back in, my seat was obviously wet, so I distanced myself from Phil and cleaned the chair up after the service. I think I am going to switch my seat with the one directly in front of me.
Tom came over for lunch. His family is on their way home from Pa. Wanted to blog, write letters, etc. but the computer has been ailing most of the week.
Freeman, Alli, and Susan went back to church for musical practice.
Phil and I went to Trinity Mennonite to hear Joe Hertzler's Gospel Band play and sing. It was enjoyable.
We talked with Andy and Lucille on the way to church and Andy is doing better. So thankful.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sorry to hear Michael is ill - I hope he feels better soon. Next time Trinity has a music problem, please let us know, we enjoyed their concerts very much in the past.

Jeanne said...

Sorry that should have been : music PROGRAM. LOL!