Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sausage Sweet Potato Bake

Taken from 'The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals' by Phyllis Pellman Good and Louise Stoltzfus-

*I substitute butternut squash for the sweet potatoes sometimes, and no one knows the difference.

1 lb. bulk sausage-I use turkey sausage
2 med. raw sweet potatoes
3 medium apples
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water

1. Brown sausage and drain excess fat
2. Peel and slice potatoes and apples. Layer sausage, sweet potatoes, and apples into a 2 qt. casserole dish. (I mix it all together in a big roasting pan.)
3. Combine all other ingredients and pour over layers
4. Cover and bake at 375 for 50-60 min. or until done.

I stir it at least once while it is baking.
My family loves this meal.

No comments: