Friday, October 9, 2009

Bible Book Report Gala

We have been having computer problems and now my "Blogging Idea" notebook is backed up and there isn't any way I can catch up. So, I am going to let go of some of my ideas about what I need to blog about and how much I need to blog about what I am blogging about and just do some bare bones blogging so I don't get so bogged down.

I have read the following Old Testament books in the Bible:
Obediah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, and Haggai.

I think the main idea of those prophetic books has to do with the fact that God will judge His people if they turn away from Him, but all of His judgment has more to do with His mercy and His desire to bless the children He loves so much, and He judges them in order to bring them back to Him so He can bless them.

Some verses that stood out to me were:

Obadiah 17-"But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions." WoW! What does that mean exactly?

Jonah 1:8-"Those who regard worthless idols Forsake their own Mercy."

Nahum 1:7-"The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.

I think these would be the most awful words to ever hear, written in Nahum 3:5. "Behold, I am against you", says the LORD of hosts;..."

Habakkuk 3:6b-"He (God) looked and startled the nations."

Wow! Zeph. 1:12-"And it shall come to pass at that time that I will search Jerusalem with lamps, and punish the men who are settled in complacency, who say in their heart, 'The LORD will not do good, Nor will He do evil.'

Haggai 2:6,7,9-"For thus says the LORD of hosts: 'Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and the dry land; and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory,' says the LORD of hosts...The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former...and in this place I will give peace,' says the LORD of hosts."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love how He calls Himself 'The Desire of All Nations.'
His Word will not return to Him void, but will accomplish that which He pleases.
He will be The Desire of All Nations.
Some will desire Him too late.

No comments: