Thursday, October 8, 2009

CCA Smile Files

The 3rd-5th graders are learning a wiseman song for the Christmas program. Following the wiseman song, they will sing the worship song, "Here I am to Worship..here I am to bow down... We were singing it the other day and suddenly one of the children just lifted their hands in worship. I joined him and so did some others. It was a sacred classroom time.

I was telling/reading a story about Beethoven. I described how Beethoven, when conducting his symphonies, would leap in the air and even shout when he was directing the loud parts of his music. When he got to the quiet parts of his music, he would creep down and be conducting underneath his music stand. I acted out the parts to make my point. A little girl asked me, "Were you there?" "No, I wasn't," I said, "but thanks for the compliment."

No comments: