Friday, October 2, 2009

CCA Smile File

Little Girl walks into Computer room, kicks Little Boy and leaves. He turns to his side-kick and says with a grin, "I think she likes me."

We studied Mozart last month and are studying Beethoven this month. One of my kindergarten students is troubled by the transition. I was playing 'Moonlight Sonata' and he said, 'This music is making me want to cry. I want Mozart.' I began to play Beethoven's 'Fur Elise' and asked, "How's this?" "It's a little better, but I want Mozart," he said,with a bit of a sob to his voice. So we went back to Mozart's 'Eine Kleine Nacht Musik.' He thinks that is the only song Mozart wrote, by the way.

The 3rd graders were working on a worship song entitled, 'Here I am To Worship', for the Christmas program. The one line goes, 'King of all kings, O so highly exalted..." One of the boys misread the last word, but it seemed appropriate to my finite mind. "King of All kings, O so highly exhausted..."

No comments: