Friday, October 2, 2009

Hertzler Doings-Sept. 21-27

Having Internet problems.
This week, Michael went to school for three half days. Still recovering from mono.
This week, I had a serious wake-up call from Dr. F. that I need to take care of myself now.
This week, Walker's Presbyterian Church buried their pastor, Mark N~~, who was murdered in Farmville last week. I went by the funeral and saw reporters and policemen and much of the community at the graveside service.
The guys are working at the Benedictine Abbey in Richmond. One of the fathers were talking about vertigo and Phil told them that I struggle with it and the father said that he and the others there would pray for me.
Makenzie came and spent the night Friday and the girls slept in the camper.
On Sat., we met her mother at school and she took them to the mall and Red Lobster where Susan had her first try at lobster and loved it.
I stayed at CCA for the Extraordinary Woman's Conference via satellite. I won a door prize from Penelope's. A sterling silver 'Fruit of the Spirit' charm bracelet. The price tag was still on and I left it on as a charm for awhile-$61.99. I enjoyed hearing Stormey Omartian especially since I am reading her book-"Power of a Praying Parent". Amy Grant sang and she was so real and raw. A dear friend of hers is dying of cancer and she knows that a perfect performance is not what matters. She would make mistakes and start over and every one loved her all the more for it. A terribly funny lady, whose name escapes me, spoke and sang. When she closed, she said said, " Give a hug to the woman next to you and let your bosoms say 'Good Evening'." Candace Cameron and Karen Kingsbury were also speakers.
The school is working on having other live-feeds from conferences. We are preparing mentally for the Beth Moore conference in April.
After church on Sunday, we came home and rested and then Phil, Susan, and I went to a Hertzler picnic in Powhatan. Pat and Gene Hertzler had come to our pig roast this summer and said, 'We can do this too," and their church helped them sponsor a community event at their house. They had different groups singing and the served an ice cream bar and bags of popcorn.
Then we came back to Farmville and met others from New Life at The Daily Grind. We had a prayer meeting and prayer walk for the town of Farmville. It was professionally and spiritually done. I sat next to the Roth's on the sofa and enjoyed hearing their voices blend together as we sang, "Holy, holy, holy..."

No comments: